Y9 GS entry anyone done this advice please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
avcar

Y9 GS entry anyone done this advice please

Post by avcar »

Hi all stumbled on this forum last week, found some really useful info here...

however i cant find any info on starting late in GS in Slough consortium. pref SGS or LGS however to be honest havent looked at any of them yet

what kind of questions can i prepare for her? do they have on the test are they like 11+ NVR and VR?

looking at going for the test for DD for sept 2013

any advice much appreciated!
aliportico

Re: Y9 GS entry anyone done this advice please

Post by aliportico »

As far as I know, neither if those schools have a formal entry point other than Y7 or Y12. If you look on the websites of the schools you are interested in, you will find the necessary information about in-year admissions. (If they are anything like Kendrick school which is the only one I know much about, it its a matter of putting your name on a list and doing various tests when a place becomes available. That doesn't happen much though.)
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Contact the school? I think this was suggested on your other thread. They will tell you straight away. Good luck.

Edit: Slough Grammar website:
Most pupils join Slough Grammar School at the start of year 7 having successfully passed the 11+ entrance examination. We are aware, however, that there may be reasons why you may wish to admit your child beyond this point. For example, you may have moved to the area, or you would like your son or daughter to benefit from a high quality education that we offer.
Slough Grammar School is over-subscribed, which means that we do not usually have a place. However, places do occasionally become available which means we will consider new applicants for entry.
As a selective school, before a place can be offered to your son or daughter, s/he must sit and pass an entrance examination based on English Language and Mathematics. We may also request references from the most recent school your child has attended.
Langley Grammar website:
Year 8 – 11
Admission to other year groups will be subject to the availability of places, and the demonstration of a comparable standard of ability to the year group in question. This will be determined by tests set by the school, and by a favourable report from the applicant’s current school.
scary mum
avcar

Post by avcar »

Thanks scarymum yes I will try and call them today if I can. Just wanted to know if anyone was successful in doing this and what their personal experience was I thought I'd try posting in the Berkshire thread.
chad

Post by chad »

A friend's daughter applied for Y8, took the exam and was allocated a place. My friend said it took about 3 weeks for her to settle. It helps that it is not a 'form' system so they met a lot of different people in the different classes.