Ed. psychologist report

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bexleymum

Ed. psychologist report

Post by Bexleymum »

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me, if I take my daugters Ed. Psychologist report to an appeal hearing as extra evidence - would they accept it?

My daughter is going to have an assessment this saturday and our appeal is on thursday next week, therefore, I will not have enough time to submit it in advance to the panel and I'm worried that they might not allow it as evidence. I don't want to spend £400.00 for a report that they might refuse to look at.

:roll: :roll: BM
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Bexleymum

Difficult to give a categorical answer, but see Q&As B13 (second half).

If it's a lengthy report (they do vary!), an adjournment might be necessary to give the panel and presenting officer time to consider it.

Regards
Etienne
New Appeal Parent

Post by New Appeal Parent »

Dear Bexleymum

We recently had our two appeals and are awaiting the outcome. On our first appeal, we called the clerk's office as we had some additional information to submit. We were advised to take it along with us as it was only a small (one-third page) document. Just before the hearing, the clerk took away the evidence from us to give it to the panel members to read. However, on our second appeal, we just took along the evidence (which was purely based on the school's statement) and were criticised by the school's rep who said that this sort of document should be submitted in advance. Our document was not horrendous but that gave them an excuse to defend themselves. Hope this helps and Good Luck.

New Appeal Parent 8)

Post by Guest »

Thank you for your replies.

The Ed. Psychologist told me they were going to do a short report (1 page).

I will contact the clerk if the report is in our favour! - and let them decide what they think is best.

BM
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now