new head at chatham & clarendon

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sunnysue

new head at chatham & clarendon

Post by sunnysue »

hi,

strongly considering moving to thanet next summer, hoping that my DD will pass the kent test and get a place from OOC at the c&c.

hot off the press yesterday... just picked up from their website newsletters page that the head has resigned and the deputy / head of upper school (clarendon), debra liddicoat, has been appointed as acting head for 2years.

what is the view locally on this? is this a positive thing? am wondering if it will increase the numbers applying oct 2012 for a place at the school, or whether the uncertainty will mean there are even more spare spaces mar 2013 for an OOC like me?
Yurgen

Re: new head at chatham & clarendon

Post by Yurgen »

The view within the school is certainly very positive. The outgoing head was extremely unpopular for a variety of reasons.

I doubt this will make any difference to numbers applying to the school however, at least not immediately. The school already has an excellent reputation locally and I don't think the issues with the outgoing head were common knowledge amongst the general public.
sunnysue

Post by sunnysue »

thanks for your comments, i feel a sense of relief now. very interesting that the outgoing head was internally unpopular... sure this wasn't just due to him being a liverpool football supporter?!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yurgen - surprised to hear he was unpopular.

He had a long 'pedigree' - was it just because he was making changes?

Was he not due to retire anyway about now ...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now