2013 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

FluffyD

2013 Entry

Post by FluffyD »

Just wondering of there are any loiterers like me who are getting their DC's ready for the exam this year?

Sept will be here before we know it!

Which school(s) are you looking at?

We only have the choice of EGS because of our location and not wanting to go down the indie route, though that is fine with me as I love it, as does my DS and we both would be very happy to get a place there. Actually, happy wouldn't cover it, ecstatic would be nearer the mark!!! :)
Vic x
panicmum

Re: 2013 Entry

Post by panicmum »

Hi FluffyD,
I'm getting my DD ready for the exam this year..(This is the first time for me and I'm already stressed)
We Have decided on 1st NHGS 2nd CH we have also considered HG but due to the distance really not sure about this.
We when to open evening for NHGS and she loved it... will be looking around CH in June. Fingers crossed...
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

hellooooooooo, so nice to have another Yorkshire person here, I was fed up of talking to myself and waiting for the echo :wink: Of course there was always Gogi to answer back but I was beginning to think it was just the two of us at one point!

Please stay and talk!!!! :D
Vic x
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

Seriously though, I know how you feel, it is my first time doing this as well and it stressful as you just want to make sure that you are doing it right and there is no way of knowing that until it is too late! :cry:
Vic x
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

I can thoroughly recommend EGS, Fluffy. My DS is now in Year 13 and he has absolutely loved every minute of it. I have been really impressed with them, and him, all the way through.
Good luck,
Bouga
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

Bougalou wrote:I can thoroughly recommend EGS, Fluffy. My DS is now in Year 13 and he has absolutely loved every minute of it. I have been really impressed with them, and him, all the way through.
Good luck,
Bouga
Thanks, it's always nice to talk to people that have have direct experience with it rather than a crush from afar like I have!
Vic x
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Hey FluffyD

Hows prepping going? Are you breathing/dreaming pass papers yet?

Gogi
xx
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

Hiya,
I haven't been on for a while as I was stressing myself out. Now the exams are only 9/10 weeks away it is suddenly becoming a reality!
We are going to look at EGS again tomorrow evening for their open night and hopefully that will spur DS on to crack on with a bit more work.
It hasn't been so bad but I did relax a lot on the prep as I was worried I was going to burn him out and he would not want to do it anymore. We have been doing a few GL Assement papers (pack 1 & 2) and he has been scoring between 85% and 98% depending on the time/paper/mood/position of the moon etc though it has been taking nearly an hour and a half to complete, we are going to be starting timing him soon and I am not looking forward to that!
I am sure as time creeps on I will be in here more and more!
VIc x
Vic x
janet71

Post by janet71 »

FluffyD wrote:Hiya,
I haven't been on for a while as I was stressing myself out. Now the exams are only 9/10 weeks away it is suddenly becoming a reality!
We are going to look at EGS again tomorrow evening for their open night and hopefully that will spur DS on to crack on with a bit more work.
It hasn't been so bad but I did relax a lot on the prep as I was worried I was going to burn him out and he would not want to do it anymore. We have been doing a few GL Assement papers (pack 1 & 2) and he has been scoring between 85% and 98% depending on the time/paper/mood/position of the moon etc though it has been taking nearly an hour and a half to complete, we are going to be starting timing him soon and I am not looking forward to that!
I am sure as time creeps on I will be in here more and more!
VIc x
phew you worried me then when I read you were getting 85-98% but then I read not timed :lol: - I noticed my DS struggled being timed at first.....Hes getting about 70-80% now but when we go through the errors he gets them all right then so I know he can do them but I think he has lost a little interest and I too have dropped off for a while but will pick back up in Aug. Got my second letter today stating the exams are likely to be at 2pm for Bradford area and Mornings for Lancashire areas so pleased that my DS gets a lie in on the day (hes not a morning person)
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Do a variety of papers and set a timetable for the summer holidays. Get as much practice in the summer holidays as you can and start timing.
You both sound like you are on the right tracks. Some days it was lots of praise and treats and some days it was good old fashioned bribery.
Its a painful journey but the fruits of all DS and your hard work are very sweet!
Good luck
Gogi
x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now