St Anslems English paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
HopefulDen

St Anslems English paper

Post by HopefulDen »

Hi to all
I wanted to pick some brains, we all 'ave 'em!
I was just looking at the English papers for St Anslems for 2010 and 2011 and I wondered if anyone could remember what the story topic was in the years up to 2010 just to give me some further ideas of what is likey/unlikely to come up-just preparing DS for this exam.
thanks
Denise J
Denise J
Wirralian

Re: St Anslems English paper

Post by Wirralian »

HopefulDen wrote:Hi to all
I wanted to pick some brains, we all 'ave 'em!
I was just looking at the English papers for St Anslems for 2010 and 2011 and I wondered if anyone could remember what the story topic was in the years up to 2010 just to give me some further ideas of what is likey/unlikely to come up-just preparing DS for this exam.
thanks
Denise J
Hi Denise,

St.Anselm's College 2006 English Paper (Comprehension - 20 marks) is an extract from Roald Dahl's novel "Danny, Champion of the World", and is from the chapter which features Mr.Victor Hazell.

The 2007 Paper is entitled "Lost and Found", where Kevin has to find his Uncle Bob. He does not know his uncle's address, but Mike helps Kevin, and they go looking for him on Mike's motorbike (adapted from "Gumble's Yard" , by John Rowe Townsend).

I don't have 2008/2009 papers I'm afraid. I have 2010, but I think you mentioned you've already had sight of this. Hopefully, somebody else may be able to fill in the gaps. Hope this helps! :)
HopefulDen

Re: St Anslems English paper

Post by HopefulDen »

Hi Wirralian
Thanks for this it's very useful. We went to the open day yesterday and my son really liked. He wanted to go to Calday like his brother and complained a bit about doing the entrance exam for St A's but he's keen now and he sees its a good idea to have options. I'd be very happy for him to go to either, whichever he prefers-it's just getting through the pesky tests.
Denise
Denise J