QEHS Gainsborough Practice Test NVR

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Stocky

QEHS Gainsborough Practice Test NVR

Post by Stocky »

Just a quick question, possibly for Alex? DD didn't sit the practice test last year and in the real thing the NVR paper was 4 sections, 3 with 16 questions and 1 with 17 questions (65 total). Each section 8 minutes etc. DS has done his practice tests today and the NVR structure was 5 sections with 12 each (60 total). Is this usually the case that the practice test has a slightly different structure, or is this a new format from this year? Thanks in advance.
Alex

Re: QEHS Gainsborough Practice Test NVR

Post by Alex »

To be honest Stocky, I am not absolutely sure. I know that when my son took it years ago it did not have the same format as the "real thing" and my younger ones don't remember....My guess is that the practice tests don't change year to year but would be glad if someone who remembers from a more recent year could clarify.
MumLincs

Post by MumLincs »

Well, I'm glad your child could remember the format the practice tests were in - mine couldn't even tell me how many questions he had answered, let alone the format. I don't think feedback is a particularly strong attribute of 9 yr old boys! It has certainly re-motivated him though which I'm glad of!
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

I worked it out as i asked him to describe which 4 of the 6 nvr types came up and realised 5 out of 6 did. My friend then told me her DS's score out of '60'. I then went back to DS who said it was 12 per section. But definitely a very motivating weekend. Oh and re your other post - Alex's advice on here is superb, her knowledge of Lincs is second to none I'd say.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

I've just had a reply from QE and basically they have heard nothing to suggest there is a change in format for the NVR, but don't have the actual real papers to check. They expect it to be 65 (3x16, 1x17) as normal, but will confirm when they get the papers.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Had email from ths school yesterday confirming that there has been no change to the structure and it will be 3 x 16 and 1 x 17.