12 Plus/ Late transfer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hello123

12 Plus/ Late transfer

Post by Hello123 »

Hi,
I would like some information about the 12 plus procedure in Slough. I am aware is is only for Burnham Grammar. Could i have some more information about this such as the date of exam, what it will test etc. if the ezam is passed will they enter BGS in year 8?
Sally-Anne

Re: 12 Plus/ Late transfer

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hello, and welcome!
Hello123 wrote:I would like some information about the 12 plus procedure in Slough. I am aware is is only for Burnham Grammar.
Burnham Grammar is in Bucks, not Berks. I will move this thread to the Bucks section for you.
Could i have some more information about this such as the date of exam, what it will test etc.
Burnham Grammar is continuing to use the Bucks CC 12+ that has been in place for several years. All the information you require can be found here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... -procedure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if the ezam is passed will they enter BGS in year 8?
That is correct, unless you are applying for immediate "in-year" testing, in which case they would enter Year 7. You can apply for in-year testing if you have recently moved to the area and therefore the child did not take the 11+.

Sally-Anne
Hello123

Post by Hello123 »

Thanks,
Also i wanted to know when is the dealine for applying. And i have heard that lgs have a system from year8-11 where you can transfer to their school if places are available and the student in question is of the same academic ability for that year group? Is this true?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hello123 wrote:Also i wanted to know when is the dealine for applying.
The timeline for this year has not yet been published, but the deadline last year was 31st October.
And i have heard that lgs have a system from year8-11 where you can transfer to their school if places are available and the student in question is of the same academic ability for that year group? Is this true?
From the Langley Grammar School website:
Year 8 – 11
Admission to other year groups will be subject to the availability of places, and the demonstration of a comparable standard of ability to the year group in question. This will be determined by tests set by the school, and by a favourable report from the applicant’s current school.
Hello123

Post by Hello123 »

Yes that is exactly what i am talking about. Do you know any more information about that, like how they select and how likely it is to get in?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I am afraid I don't. I suspect that places are few and far between, but try asking the question on the Berks section.
ringme1

Post by ringme1 »

can my kid do 12+ if they came late to london
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

ringme1 wrote:can my kid do 12+ if they came late to london

It’s best to look at the school or schools you are most interested (since London is a very big place), and look on their websites under ‘In year admissions’.

Usually for grammars, they keep some sort of list of people who might be interest in a place. If a student leaves the school, the school will invite those on the list in to sit a test and they offer a place to one of those (usually the highest scoring).

So you are very dependent on other students leaving the school and doing well in any test the school set.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now