Travelling from Ashford to Folkestone School for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dottie1974

Travelling from Ashford to Folkestone School for Girls

Post by dottie1974 »

Good afternoon Kent people :D I hope all the 2012 takers are doing ok??

Thinking about all options and about should dd not pass the Kent Test (yes I know that sounds negative but I am thinking about all eventualities at the moment!) I have been starting to think about Folkestone School for Girls as a school that we could look at appealing to if needed.

Looking at Google maps the journey from Ashford to Folkestone Girls looks perfectly do-able. Does anyone know of anyone who does this journey?

I think I will add this school to my list of ones to look around on the next Open Day.

Thanks
dottie1974

Re: Travelling from Ashford to Folkestone School for Girls

Post by dottie1974 »

I guess not then!! :lol:

Looking at train prices I think the cost of the journery makes it prohibitive though :(

Ah well.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Hi there!!!!

It's a very simple and straighforward journey. At least DS finds it so to the boys GS. The girls isn't much different. Ashford to Folkestone West takes around 15 minutes or so on the train, but you are right to think about cost of travel..... Don't know how much it is, or the best way to do it as DS gets free travel because he was already getting it before KCC changed their policy. However, I was very prepared to meet the cost when considering our alternative so I guess it depends on your circumstances at the time :D
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
dottie1974

Post by dottie1974 »

Oooh hello again T12acy - long time no see!

I hope your DS is still enjoying his time at the Folkestone boys GS. My DD1 is loving it at Highworth and has settled well, it was definitely the right school for her.

Thanks for your reply about the journey being manageable. Maybe I shouldn't rule it out just yet. I suppose I should just wait until the Kent Test results are out before I start making too many plan A's, B's and C's :lol: I can't believe that the time has gone so quickly and dd2 is sitting the test this year, she's my baby!!!!
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

DS is very well settled and happy. Doing fine, not top of the class but never expected him to be!! I would view the girls GS if I were you, but if it comes to appeal you know Highworth had a large number of places this year so don't rule that out. Am sure it won't come to that anyway :D
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now