SHS Summer showcase.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stroudydad

SHS Summer showcase.

Post by stroudydad »

Is anyone else visiting?
relievedit'sallover

Re: SHS Summer showcase.

Post by relievedit'sallover »

Yes, am planning to, it it just a day for parents or are children also meant to go? just wondering as it's on a school day !?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Well we'll be taking dd. can't see why they wouldn't be allowed.
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Definitely take your DD's! We went 2 years ago and there were loads of activities on offer. DD made a keyring with her name on it in the resistant materials room. We are taking DD2 this time.

Pixiequeen
willow_catkin

Post by willow_catkin »

Excuse my ignorance but what and when is this? I know about the parents' information evening this Thursday and the induction day on 29th .....
relievedit'sallover

Hi WillowCatkin, it's the Open Morning for Year 4/5 pupils, my DD is starting in September but her 9 year old sister is going to the Summer Showcase to see if she wants to try for the 11+. It's Monday 2nd July between 10am and 12.
willow_catkin

Post by willow_catkin »

thanks for the update :D
relievedit'sallover

So I went round with 4 very excited 9 year olds who loved it! How did everyone else get on?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Have to say DD loved the school, and I loved the feel of the school, and loved the way the old blended with the new. Sadly I was also diss appointed with the way the school 'sold themselves'. We found the teachers a bit 'standoffish' and information hard to come by. Not really a showcase for us.
livviloo

Post by livviloo »

I agree with the sentiments voiced. I was impressed with the school, I couldn't take DD today but I felt they sold themselves short. I know she will love it. I was shown round in a group of 15 or so. People kept wandering off and the 2 sixth formers who were our guides had both recently joined the school so knew nothing about the earlier years. I think smaller groups and younger guides works better....so I told them.
The nice thing about the younger ones is they tell you more, warts'n all.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now