Coes of Ipswich

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SEP18

Coes of Ipswich

Post by SEP18 »

I thought I would share my experience with you regarding CRGS uniform.

Coes have plenty of blazers but no house badges at the moment. I have paid for the blazers which they have kept and will arrange for the badges to be sewn on FOC before either posting to me or arranging collection.

DS2 was measured and an order form completed for the games and PE kits. Again, you can arrange free delivery or collection when the stock is arriving - early August.

I would also like to add that the staff were extremely helpful and polite. In fact, there were 4 CRGS parents there in the hour that we were! Lovely shop and it is great that they have free parking at the back managed by their own car park attendant.
djy76

Re: Coes of Ipswich

Post by djy76 »

I am glad you have had a good experience, I live the wrong side of ColCHS so thought I would try to shop online. Disappointingly, however they did not have any girls sweatshirts (old uniform) to purchase. I am sure this is not a ploy to get those girls who are far enough up the school to be allowed to remain in the old uniform to change, just bad luck on my part..
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I think the old style sweatshirt is going to be the difficult item. Coes obviously are not going to want to have any left on their hands so are unlikely to get huge quantities made but many of the older girls do not want to change to the new uniform. There is no option to mix old and new so you can't just buy a blazer and keep the old skirt. The school have assured me that they are seeking to open a second hand shop along the lines of CRGS's but this will take time and the spare jumpers of the current year 7's who have to change uniform are not likely to fit the older girls! Although if you happen to have an older girl who fits age 11-12 clothes you may be in real luck!

I agree though with the comments about Coes, they have always been extremely helpful in past experience.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Just had a look at their website. They've added the CRGS uniform. There aren't pictures of every item, though. What I found interesting was the house-specific CRGS PE polo shirts. Looks like the PE uniform is changing. The rugby socks are just plain black without the white tops now. Has anyone heard anything about a change in uniform?
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

Hi,
Yes there is a change in the uniform for new Year 7s this year.

The PE shirt is a white polo shirt with their house stripe around the neck. White shorts the same.

Games kit - there is a new Rugby shirt with 3/4 length sleeves. It is not the heavy cotton material but like a sports polyester mix. The black shorts now have the Royal crown embroidered on one leg. Socks are just black. (Am quite relieved about this as they turn a grey when you wash them :D )

Day uniform is staying the same at the moment.

I did ask a couple of staff if the other boys in older years will have to change their uniforms over a period of time and both were unaware of any dates set.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

No I've not heard about any change for older boys either although we need a new rugby shirt anyway. Also very pleased about the socks the old ones always looked dreadful however I washed them!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now