national allocation day 2008

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

national allocation day 2008

Post by Guest »

I have just discovered that the national allocation day for 2008 is 3rd March. That means we will have to wait 3 days longer than last years applicants to know whether our offspring have passed the dratted exams and which school they have been allocated!!
guest1

Post by guest1 »

This is probably because the 1 & 2 March fall on a weekend, so unable to post any earlier.
guest1

Post by guest1 »

but I'm simply speaking for Kent, who usually ost out results on 1 March, to arrive on 2 March. However, if you submit your application online, it may be available to be viewed on the 1st.

Post by Guest »

You are quite correct; the change is because of the weekend. On line applications can be reviewed on 4th March - so no real advantage in terms of time to applying on line
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's also LEAP YEAR - so 29 days to wait in February - i think you will need to join us in rehab ...

Post by Guest »

Aaaaaaggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:You are quite correct; the change is because of the weekend. On line applications can be reviewed on 4th March - so no real advantage in terms of time to applying on line
Why 4th March for online? This year the online result (Essex) was there on 1 March, before 09:00 hrs. No need to wait for the email (which arrived at 18:10) or post! I assume that for it to appear before 0900 on 1 March, it must have been updated prior to that and perhaps scheduled to auto-update after midnight, 28 February?

I would advise anyone to apply online. I am so glad we did. No nail-biting wait for the postman or constantly staring at in-box for email. Just use your log-on given when you apply and the allocation result will be there.

If it all becomes too much - REHAB will be there for you!

Post by Guest »

Why 4th March for online? This year the online result (Essex) was there on 1 March, before 09:00 hrs.
Lucky you in Essex! In London this year results were posted out on 1st March for receipt on ?2nd. On-line results available from the 2nd. This year results are to be posted out on the 3rd for receipt on the 4th and on-line viewing from 9am on 4th. The advantage of on-line is our postman doesn't come until 11am!