Farnhams to Chesham Grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KT36

Farnhams to Chesham Grammar school

Post by KT36 »

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a bus or shared transport from Farnham Royal/ stoke poges or Farnham Common to Chesham Grammar School?

Thanks

KT36
Guest55

Re: Farnhams to Chesham Grammar school

Post by Guest55 »

Isn't Burnham Grammar school a bit nearer ... Farnham Royal/Common to Chesham is an awkward journey I would imagine.
KT36

Post by KT36 »

Yes, and I'd love DS to go there! Unfortunately we are looking at year 8 entry after 138 in 12+ and the only grammar school that BCC can offer is Chesham (JHGS and BGS full). DS isn't in a Bucks school at the moment and the alternative to Chesham Grammar is Burnham Park Upper... see my dilemma :( We have appealed for places at both JHGS and BGS but have a few more weeks to wait for the outcome... panicking just little!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

OK I understand! Let's hope you win the appeal for BGS ...
KT36

Post by KT36 »

me too... so need a bit of luck right now :?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I don't think you will find a shared bus from this area. Until two years ago BGS always had spare places (25+ some years) so it wasn't an issue - girls went to BHS preferentially and boys to JHGS, but this has changed in recent years and so now BGS is full. Good luck with your appeal as I don't think it would be an easy journey for you to Chesham.

Edited to add: there is a public bus from Stoke Poges through Gerrards Cross but I think it takes about an hour in the morning and isn't very frequent.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now