Eton Test

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Phil8887

Eton Test

Post by Phil8887 »

Hi
My son will be sitting the Eton test on October. Whilst we have been told by Eton and his current school that he can not prepare for this, can anyone offer any tips. We understand it is a computer based test designed by Durham University followed by an interview.

Thanks

Phil
Reading Mum

Re: Eton Test

Post by Reading Mum »

you might get a response if you post this in the independent schools section rather than 11+
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Thanks, Reading Mum.

No need to do anything, Phil8887. I have moved the thread for you into the right section.
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

Hello Phil8887

I can't offer any help on Eton test, but my son sat computer based test in Tonbridge, he did not prepare beforehand (since then lots of people said he couldn't have prepared for it anyway). He said it was hard (so did other boys too), he couldn't go back to correct anyhing, but he still got offered a place.

Good luck to your son.
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

You really cannot prepare for this test. Both my sons scored highly in the test - they can't remember a thing about it. One said it was hard and the other said it was easy. One son got a firm place and the other got a waiting list place. It's all who you're up against on the day and it's all a bit of a lottery. We know of many strong candidates who got turned down.
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

My son said it is hard but got firm place. The computer based test is just one part, headteacher report and interview. I only asked my son to revise his NVR and VR, a night before the test, although he is good with Maths and English from a state school.
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

My son was against St. Paul junior, Westminster junior and host of others
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

kingsgen wrote:My son was against St. Paul junior, Westminster junior and host of others
I don't think Eton is particularly interested in offering many places out to these schools as they tend to all turn them down and stay at the senior schools.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now