Tiffin Boys Open Evening

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

coombemum

Tiffin Boys Open Evening

Post by coombemum »

Did anyone go to Tiffins open evening tonight..What did you think of the school/headmasters talk etc...any views?
Last edited by coombemum on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
menagerie

Re: Tiffin Boys Open Evening Tonight

Post by menagerie »

Couldn't go this year, but have been twice before. How was it?

I'd especially love to hear what people thought of the languages and English depts.
stummyuk

Re: Tiffin Boys Open Evening Tonight

Post by stummyuk »

We haven't been to SGS. Went to Tiffin tonight and stayed 2 hours. First heard the head teacher and head boy's speech. I wanted to cheer when she reminded parents that a child's journey to school should be no more than an hour. Or was it to scream at her that she is in denial over the admissions policy? :oops: And to take those outside handing out 11+ tutoring leaflets with a health warning. Oh, I could go on!

English department wasn't busy at all. Impressed with the provision of Latin from year 7. DS liked all the sciences. Geography was being sold as an interesting subject. One of the boys though hopefully gave DS an insight of the drive some of boys have.

The courtyard was an absolute surprise.

I hated the fact though that there wasn't many students/staff that could answer questions. They were all too busy trying to keep to visitors following the one way system!
tiffinboys

Re: Tiffin Boys Open Evening

Post by tiffinboys »

Could not go. Got stuck in the aftermath of M4 closure. Reached Kingston 7:20 pm and missed the open day. I think, many parents from North and West of Kingston would have got a first hand experience of traffic yesterday.

Anyway, have been to last year's open day and it was wonderful. No doubt, Tiffins are among the best grammars.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now