help!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nickyfixit

help!!!

Post by nickyfixit »

hi there, after a great parents evening we have been recommended to look at grammar schools for our ds (currently yr 4) but i dont really want to commit to a tutor at the moment so i was hoping we could maybe get some books to practise from at home but i am overwhelmed by the choice available!! do you need to get specific books for each school or is there something that covers all of them. we live in great barr so at first glance i thought we may be looking at queen mary or handsworth, love the look of the mixed king edwards but may be too far for us and too long a day for ds. i have had a look through some of the posts on here but am baffled by most of it!! can anyone help us get started please?
um

Re: help!!!

Post by um »

Sorry there's been no reply Nickyfixit.

If you search through past posts, you will find relatively clear advice and guidance, and this is also the case with the exam format 'sticky' at the top of the forum page.

This question has been asked before, and it has been answered...a number of times. Perhaps this is why the replies to your post are slow.

If you're still unsure you may wish to seek the advice of a tutor (who knows what they're doing!).

Best wishes
nickyfixit

Post by nickyfixit »

thanks for the reply, i guess i was trying to save myself some hours by not having to go through lots of previous posts and pick out the bits specific to me!! if anyone has the info to hand then i'd still appreciate it. btw, i'm not against going down the tutor route but we have so little time available during the week that i really dont want to commit to anything else at the moment. thanks again :D
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Hi :)

If you are considering Handsworth then you will need traditional VR books ( Susan Daughtry, Bond). NVR, you can practise with most of what's available.

Bond maths and comprehension is also ok as I far know. Like Um mentioned, this question has been asked many times, so do 'search'.