The Abbey Instead of Kendrick....(Which exams do they sit?)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nawillmott

The Abbey Instead of Kendrick....(Which exams do they sit?)

Post by Nawillmott »

I am considering my daughter sitting the entrance exams for The Abbey in Reading as I think Kendrick may be off the cards.
I have seen the relevnt information on Kendrick and that they use NFER examiners, but I'm wondering if anyone has any more information about which examiners/tests The Abbey uses as it doesnt seem to say on their website...Im just a bit confused. If anyone could enlighten me?
stevew61

Re: The Abbey Instead of Kendrick....(Which exams do they si

Post by stevew61 »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

Some information here and I'm sure somebody with more recent knowledge will be along later.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... bey#p50127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reading Mum

Re: The Abbey Instead of Kendrick....(Which exams do they si

Post by Reading Mum »

As far as I am aware the exams are a very individual thing written by themselves so there are no past papers etc. They do also set a great deal of store by the school report from the current school, plus what they see on the taster day you get invited to when you apply to sit the exam. They think that this approach gives them the freedom to choose he right girls.
The pure exam result is what they base any scholarship award on - there is no separate scholarship exam/application. Bursary application is means tested and a separate process.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now