Summer Courses

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HopefulDen

Summer Courses

Post by HopefulDen »

Gosh where is eveyone-it's like a ghost ship!
My question is about summer tuition.
Are there any local tutors who will do summer tuition just to keep my boy on the 11+ road during the holidays?

Anyone any the wiser re exam dates-I guess we should find out soon

Den
Denise J
Lily

Post by Lily »

Edited - Sorry I did not know the rules and was trying to be helpful.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Den and Lily

It is against forum rules to post details of tutors.

Lily, I have sent you a PM, could you edit/delete your post.

As both of you are members you can 'chat' to each other about tutors via PM, but not on the open forum.

Thanks

Patricia
Newbie But Stressed

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

Hi hopeful Den.

Yes it is a bit quiet here.

You should be able to find a tutor for the summer. Hopefully Lily has sent you some.

If not then you need to Keep it going yourself. Even with some test papers.

the test will probably be last week November and first week December.

So around 27th Nov and 4th Dec , unless the Wirral LEA change it. Which I don't think so as yet.

I went through this last year, and to be honest miss the 11+ preparation and tests. I didn't miss the 3 Month wait for results.. :(

good luck.

NBS
HopefulDen

Parents evening

Post by HopefulDen »

We have parents evening tonight-I thought it was going to be like the rest but apparently we see the teacher first, the Head, the Principal and Deputy Head and they give you information on the 11+ and whether they think your child will pass. I feel like I'm going to a firing squad!
Den
Denise J
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Wow Den,

At least your school are being upfront about the whole 11+ process.

To many schools seem to just touch on the bare minimum, not enough adequate information is given out to parents to make an informed and educated choice. Top marks to your school!

Let us know how it goes and good luck..

AM
HopefulDen

Parents evening

Post by HopefulDen »

Yes I will let everyone know-I'm going to ask them if they know the dates as well so if they tell me I'll I'm let the forum know.

Den
Denise J
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

It is usually last Tuesday in November and 1st Tuesday in December.

So that would make it 27th November and 4th December.

Let us know what you find out though.

How is the practicing going?

Take care..

AM
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Nice to see people in the Wirral are still alive!!

I rang Wirral council and and was told they don't set the dates until Sept,my sons birthday is Nov 29th so obviously we'd like to know asap!If you find out I would love to know,good luck with the parents evening Den and hope the preparation is going well.

I think the Tutors in Heswall( who are connected to this site,so hopefully I'm allowed to mention!) do summer courses,I'm sure a friend of my daughters went there right through the summer,they do small groups sessions.

Anyway keep posting Pensby
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi

The Tutors-Heswall tutor children independently within a small group.

They operate an overlap timetable that means there is a maximum of four children being tutored at the same time.

As children join The Tutors at different times they tend to be completing different question types or papers. They are given direct tuition as and when required.

The Tutors do tutor throughout the summer, but they do not run a specific course until twelve weeks prior to the sitting of the first test.

They then run two courses side-by-side, one covering the question types and the other covering test practice. These courses usually contain students already on the register as they get feedback at their timetabled session. However, we are not sure whether these courses will run this year.

Regards

Mike