AGGS Help PE Kit.....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MrBanks

AGGS Help PE Kit.....

Post by MrBanks »

Hi all,

I need some help if possible please?

My daughter starts at AGGS this September and we are trying to purchase her P.E kit and tracksuit etc: The Monkhouse website does not exist so we have no way of buying the required kit?

Please can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Neil.
Amber

Re: AGGS Help PE Kit.....

Post by Amber »

As no one else has replied, could I suggest that you try again and post in the appropriate regional forum for this AGGS/Monkhouse? I have no idea where it is, other than it isn't in Gloucestershire! Doesn't the school itself issue a kit list? Usually you are directed to some hideous uniform shop with the rest of the local school population to try on items and discover the inevitable truth that the size your child needs is out of stock until January 2015.

Good luck. :D
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

I agree that the website seems to be down for some unknown reason but, honestly, you would be better off actually going to the shop and trying on the kit for size. It varies hugely from item to item.

It's at 217 Chestergate, Stockport Sk3 0AN. If you want to give them a call first then the number is 0161 476 7216.

I will move the thread to the Trafford forum.
MrBanks

Post by MrBanks »

TraffordMum wrote:I agree that the website seems to be down for some unknown reason but, honestly, you would be better off actually going to the shop and trying on the kit for size. It varies hugely from item to item.

It's at 217 Chestergate, Stockport Sk3 0AN. If you want to give them a call first then the number is 0161 476 7216.

I will move the thread to the Trafford forum.

That's a great help - much appreciated.

I'll try to find the correct place to post in future!
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

The website appears to be back up this morning.

http://www.monkhouse.com/category/668/A ... mar_School" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have any queries about what you definitely need and what are just nice extras but not essential then please ask.
MrBanks

Post by MrBanks »

Excellent,

Thanks very much for taking the time to help - The only thing we were unsure about was whether the Tracksuit was essential (Do all the girls have them as I don't want my Daughter to be the odd one out etc) or do the majority of girls wear the fleece instead?
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

The tracksuit isn't essential unless your daughter ends up representing the school when it is useful for away matches (but even then is not compulsory).

To be honest most girls wear their school jumper (the normal uniform V necked one) for PE over the blue aertex shirt. Some have the sweatshirt. I rarely see the fleece in use.

I would start off with the PE skirt, blue top, shorts, hockey socks, white socks, trainers, PE bag and whatever the outfit is now for dance (used to be black leotard and black footless tights but my daughters haven't done dance for a while so I'm not sure if it's the same). Then see if she gets onto any teams and whether that's a regular occurrence or just sporadic and take it from there. They are sticklers for wearing only the approved kit - so no turning up to matches in hoodies, for example - but you can generally order from Monkhouse and get the embroidered garment back in a week if you need to (and it's not the summer rush).

Hope that helps!
MrBanks

Post by MrBanks »

The leotards are gone now and replaced by leggings which we have bought - Normal Blue socks are £6 at Monkhouse but £1.99 from John Lewis so there are certainly some savings to be made. My wife has ordered her Uniform today from Altrincham and luckily enough another girl from my daughters primary school was in there at the same time so they have both bought the same length skirts - her friend has older sisters at the School so apparently it's important to have the perfect length skirt!!! The girl is also in the same class at AGGS so she is off to a good start.

We bought 1 sweater, 2 blouses, 1 skirt and a blazer - £120 so far!

Thanks for the info Re: Tracksuits - I don't think we will bother as my daughter is not the sporty type so it could be burning money, and similar for the fleece. They are visiting Monkhouse tomorrow so fingers crossed we can have finished everything off and be done and dusted within a week and enjoy the holidays stress free....until my son starts revising for the boys school and it starts all over again!

Much appreciated help - If I ever see you in the Stamford arms I'll shout you a glass of wine! :D
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Oh, the skirt length. I am afraid that you will find that after a week or so of wearing her skirt the correct length she will start rolling the waistband over like the rest of the school and you will think that she has suddenly had a growth spurt. ;)

I predict that when your daughter comes home from Monkhouse's she will be aghast at how truly horrible the nylon navy PE shorts are. :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

TraffordMum wrote:
I predict that when your daughter comes home from Monkhouse's she will be aghast at how truly horrible the nylon navy PE shorts are. :lol:
I think there is nothing quite like school sports kit to engender horro is any new pupil.... DD had the XS size of tracksuit (for Skipton) and this was a health hazard - the jacket reached the knees and the trouser knees were near her ankles... took some years of growing to fit. I had to wear an object (complete with bloomers) for gym and dance at KEHS known as ... "the garment".... had to be made by the mother from pattern supplied by the school, at least you could get it the right length to fit (3" above the floor when kneeling :oops: ) :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now