Approx % for pass for lincs tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rainy

Approx % for pass for lincs tests

Post by Rainy »

Hi My son is due to sit 11+ in sept, does anyone know roughly what % they need to pass. I know scores are standardised but just a guideline. My son sat the practise/mock papers sent by the grammar school at his primary.He got 90% non verbal and 80% verbal making combined 85%, on the verbal he missed out some questions because he got momentarily mixed up between two similiar question types, he remembered afterwards and was frustrated with himself.
secondtime

Re: Approx % for pass for lincs tests

Post by secondtime »

No idea but his mock results seem great.
I think pass rate for papers are often lower on the day due to nerves.
When my last son sat it, he came out of the NVR saying it was easy compared to papers/mock. However everyone said the same and I understand raw scores were high that year!
Alex

Post by Alex »

A very rough guesstimate seems to be around 75% over the two tests BUT comes with the usual health warnings!
Rainy

Post by Rainy »

Thanks for your replies it's all down to how he does on the day now. Like everyone else out there I will be so glad when it is all over!
MumLincs

Post by MumLincs »

The headmaster at Queen Elizabeths in Gainsborough said that anything above 75% is usually a pass, anything below 55% is a fail and anything in between is difficult to predict.