A strange query - tissues!

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bravado

A strange query - tissues!

Post by bravado »

I hope someone can help - I can't contact CSSE as they're closed until the first week in September.

Both my DD's suffer with a really weird reaction to nerves, adrenalin and anxiety associated with performance and stage-fright. Basically, it makes their nose-tap go into overdrive and they have to keep constantly blowing their nose :( Over the years, we've sought the help of conventional medicine and our preferred homeopathic route but to no avail. Both use Arg. Nit, for combating nerves when they compete but neither this, nor Phosphorus (post-nasal drip cure) nor Aconite work :( :? So, we're resigned to a handkerchief or tissues on the day for DD1 because we know her poor nose will kick in ...as it does with some tests done here at home. She loves tests and competition - positively thriving on them but the nose is a pain :lol:

So my question is this, along with countless other children who may have colds etc on the day, what's the score with tissues and handkerchiefs? Basically we don't want someone to think she's cheating when she's blowing her nose :lol: Does she keep it on the desk in full view? Can she have a few stashed on the desk without attracting suspicion? I realise that throughout the test, she can't go into her pockets. Sadly even if she uses the tissue before she goes in, she'll still need to use one throughout as her nose-tap won't stop (sorry for the yuk-factor)
FluffyD

Re: A strange query - tissues!

Post by FluffyD »

In my recent Uni exams we were allowed to take in tissues, as long as they were out of the packet and had been unfolded so that anyone could see that there was nothing concealed.
Am sure the same here would not be a problem?
Yours was an interesting post as I have just started realising that my DS is only ever snotty when doing some work/tests with me. :?
Vic x
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Am sure a pile of tissues unfolded will be fine - am sure they don't want streaming noses. Have you tried acupressure ? Most effective point is Li20 (+ a little of Li4. )
monapotsnooper

Post by monapotsnooper »

When my DS sat 11+, I sent him in with tissues as he had a bit of a cold. The invigilator confiscated the tissues I supplied before the exam started, but there was a box of tissues available and DS put his hand up if he needed them.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Hi, invigilators hand out tissues, along with spare pencils and rubbers if necessary. Take a packet of tissues in a clear packet or even pencil case.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now