12 plus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sohobob

12 plus

Post by sohobob »

Hi are the 12 plus school allocations out yet. Good luck to you all. My daughter got through last year and is happy and settled at Grammar school. We have just had an excellent set of year 8 exam results.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Bob

Thanks for the good wishes. I wish I could tell you that the allocation letters were out, but Bucks are playing games with us. Their original letter said that they would write to us BY June 15th (i.e. today), but apparently they are posting the letters today, i.e. ON June 15th. A friend rang them and they are refusing to disclose the information today.

The children are going to be so upset by this - they are all expecting to hear the news today. The first question my son asked when he woke up today was whether the post had arrived.

Sally-Anne
njg

Post by njg »

God they're awful aren't they!
As if our lot have been through enough. 18 months we've been waiting for this letter. Knowing our wonderful mail service it may be a few days yet.
Surely it's all on computer so why can't we use our ref. numbers to get the info online or over the phone?

Good luck everyone.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I did warn you! This is EXACTLY what happened last year - they posted the letters on the day we were supposed to know ....
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Glory be, he's in!

Strangely I am not leaping up and down, rather a crumpled heap! It's been a very long time, and it's only now that we're finally there that I realise just what this whole roller-coaster has cost me emotionally.

Have you got your letter njg?????

Once again, thank you to everyone on the Forum who has supported me so loyally over the last 18 months - what state I would be in without you, I can't even guess!

Sally-Anne
x
loulou

Post by loulou »

a big hearty congratulation Sally-Anne to you and your son.It couldn't have happened to a nicer person. I am soooooo pleased that you have finally got to the end of that long and winding road and I hope you never have to make such a journey ever again.

Time to pamper yourself methinks!

Loulou
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

GREAT NEWS Sally-Anne!!

Yes - I can identify with the 'crumpled heap' - it been a long and winding journey - but you have succeeded!! I hope his friends got in too!

Everyone else - hope we will hear more good news about allocations today.. if you need to appeal we can help!!
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

glad he is in Sally-Anne, it will all have been worth it. Is Bucks the only county that does 12+, I am in Essex and they don't.
Jess

Post by Jess »

Great news Sally-Anne. Really pleased for you and your son. It's over now so you can relax, and your son can look forward to joining the school he should have been in all along. Hurray!
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Sally-Anne, what great news. I am so thrilled for you and your son....

Have a great great weekend, hugs to you both.

Ambridge x

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now