Do children return to school after GCSE exams in 2013

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pensby

Do children return to school after GCSE exams in 2013

Post by Pensby »

Next year when all the kids have to stay in education due to government legislation will they be expected to return to school after they have say their gcse exam ie from late June to end of term ??
I was planning of taking advantage of them finishing early to book a cheaper hoilday but now wonder if they will expected back- does anyone know what will happen next year ?
My son has said he thinks they would go back to start A level courses but without results i wonder !
anyone heard anything ?? :)
thanks Pensby
mystery

Re: Do children return to school after GCSE exams in 2013

Post by mystery »

Well see if you can make head or tail of this one:

http://www.education.gov.uk/vocabularie ... dtags/1840" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Think you might have to e-mail the DfE but good luck in getting an answer that makes sense.
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Thanks mystery but that dosen't really answer my question -and is a complete "mystery " anyone else ?? or mybe I will email the D of E !!
Pensby
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

http://www.education.gov.uk/vocabularie ... dtags/6877" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think it very unlikely that pupils will have to go back after GCSEs - some change school and they would not know whether they had the correct grades etc.

The above link makes it clear that they do not have to be in a 'school' anyway.

It hasn't even been mentioned in my school ...
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Hi guest 55 - that certainly suggests that they will be free for the summer as before ! I'm sure it's just my son getting the wrong end of the stick as boys do -
thanks pensby
mystery

Post by mystery »

I think it's unlikely that, even if they did want them back in school, that they would start the A level syllabus. After all there could be new starters in the 6th form the following September.

Yes, the way I understood the clear as mud link is that it is not compulsory school age that has changed even.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now