GL Assessment packs

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bati

GL Assessment packs

Post by Bati »

does anybody know what sort of % we should be aiming for on the gl verbal reasoning for pack 1 and 2. My dd will be sitting 11+ for the wirral

also bright spark papers are graded in difficulty so paper 1 is the easiest and paper 4 the hardest - is this the same for the gl packs
thanks
miggi

Re: GL Assessment packs

Post by miggi »

Hi, we have been advised to aim for above 84%. If i remember correctly this did not apply to the Bright Sparks papers. I have twins and one of them scored only 67 out of 85 on one of the papers, and the tutor we were using said that it would have been a comfortable pass.
Hope this helps.
Tonight my twins both cried at the pressure of it all- makes you wonder if its all worth it. A good kid will hopefully do well anywhere!
HopefulDen

Post by HopefulDen »

Hi Bati
yes I think so GL pack 1 is easier than pack 2. I'm not sure if the individual papers inside the pack get harder but I have a sneaking suspicion they do
Denise J
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

I spoke to GL on the telephone to ask the same question and they told me that the papers were all individual in each pack and they WERE NOT graded in difficulty. Pack 1 was no different than pack 2 in degree of difficulty!
HopefulDen

Post by HopefulDen »

That's really good to know as ny DS did paper 1a and 1b from an earlier pack and did well so I'm glad to know it wasn't because the papers were easy-thanks for posting this
Last edited by HopefulDen on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denise J
kittykat92

Post by kittykat92 »

Yes I was totally under the impression that the papers were ordered in terms of difficulty. I purposely made my DD sit paper 8 first and was really pleased how well she did but then was a little surprised that she didn't quite do as well with paper 5!

Good to know.....not long till the mocks...then the real thing! Eeeek!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now