New to 11+ - Is Bucks exam is changing?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

littledippy

New to 11+ - Is Bucks exam is changing?

Post by littledippy »

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I read some of the comments but wonder if we have any more news on Bucks exam for 2013?

Thanks
Littledippy
Sally-Anne

Re: New to 11+ - Is Bucks exam is changing?

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi littledippy, and welcome!

There is no further news on what the changes might be at present. As soon as we have confirmation we will post here, rest assured.

The "fallback" position has to be focus on really solid English and maths, with some VR and NVR later on.

Sally-Anne
ian35mm

Post by ian35mm »

When you consider the areas in the old test where children have made mistakes in the current style of papers, I don't think you can go wrong with Literacy and Numeracy (particularly Literacy). The APP grids make it pretty clear how to improve performance for the SAT's and that has to be something worthwhile further down the line.
littledippy

Post by littledippy »

Thank you Sally_Anne. I will watch this space.
littledippy

Post by littledippy »

ian35mm wrote:When you consider the areas in the old test where children have made mistakes in the current style of papers, I don't think you can go wrong with Literacy and Numeracy (particularly Literacy). The APP grids make it pretty clear how to improve performance for the SAT's and that has to be something worthwhile further down the line.
Hi ian35mm

What is APP grid? I never heard of this?

Thank you.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

APP is 'assessing pupils progress' - it is a way of standardising teacher assessment.

http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/secondary/ma ... 3343010cc2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
littledippy

Post by littledippy »

Guest55 wrote:APP is 'assessing pupils progress' - it is a way of standardising teacher assessment.

http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/secondary/ma ... 3343010cc2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you Guest55. I think I have landed in the right place here.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I don't think the tests will be linked to APP because APP is about assessing pupils in the classroom.

A group of Headteachers is deciding the format of the new 11+ which will be used for the cohort about to go into Year 5. We will have to be patient ...
ian35mm

Post by ian35mm »

That's not my point. The APP grid shows how you can improve SAT's grades. Whatever school you end up in, a good SAT's level will be important. Certainly in the school I work at, a good L5 performance at KS2 will stand you in great stead.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

littledippy wrote:I think I have landed in the right place here.
Quite possibly, especially because many of us more than a little dippy!

Moderator's note: Please could the regulars with slightly obscure info about APP and SATs, etc, argue their points via PM, rather than on a thread created by a new forum user? Thank you.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now