Where's the 'trendy school bag' and 'plastic wallet' thread?

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pheasantchick

Where's the 'trendy school bag' and 'plastic wallet' thread?

Post by pheasantchick »

I've been on this forum for a few years now,and every year someone asks where to get trendy, practical, not toooo expensive school bags, and there is always advice on buying plastic wallets ( foolscap, not. A4).

Where are all the new year 7 mums and dads? Are they more clued up then us parents in the past ?

Surely someone must have a question about starting senior/ secondary/ high school?
doodles

Re: Where's the 'trendy school bag' and 'plastic wallet' thr

Post by doodles »

Just bought the plastic folders, some from Tesco and some from Staples.

Succumbed on the school bag and went for the Superdry option for DS1 - eyewateringly expensive but I have held out until Yr9 so I don't think I've done too badly!!
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Do you mean these ones? http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=21102" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=15800" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

We can always revive the "covering books with plastic" thread if you like? That was one of my early forays into EPE :lol:
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

Oh yes, have already bought my sticky back plastic, can't wait for those fresh new books to come home on the first day of term :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

doodles wrote:Oh yes, have already bought my sticky back plastic, can't wait for those fresh new books to come home on the first day of term :lol:
You and me both, doodles. My children openly laugh at my love of a neatly covered book as I try to wrestle them off them. However I do have a year 7 who may be easier to trick into handing them over :D
scary mum
penguin

Post by penguin »

actually I've been asked by my soon to be year 6 girl for either a trendy bag or a plain one she can cover in badges and charms etc because she has SOOOOOO outgrown High School Musical. I suggested she could cover their faces in badges etc. She is having none of it.
any advice welcome - I'd like a wipe clean satchel type one - not a handbag
doodles

Post by doodles »

Sorry Penguin, can't help on the DD front, only DS's here.

One has managed to wrangle a S....dry bag out of me and the other one has a school regulation bag - that is bliss I can tell you, one trip to the school shop and all school "luggage" purchased for less than the price of aforementioned bag......
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

My soon-to-be year 5 DD tied a trendy triangular scarf around the HSM picture on her satchel-style school bag! It looked very effective. Just had to keep redoing it as when it slipped down you could see Zac peeping over the top - a dead giveaway! 8)
Marylou
WOTMum

Post by WOTMum »

Thank you for making me smile at my own insaneness ie, already sticky back plasticked any books in sight, studiously hand sewn on labels for 2 new schools, (still got some to do, worrying about them..!!), succumbed to buying a lovely C**h K*****n bag of which I am envious for my incoming Yr 7 DD, plus new designer sports bags for her and her new Yr 3 brother. Hoping these will be one offs (or three-offs?) that LAST. Please please revive all these lovely threads so I think I'm not the only one. Seriously, enjoy the start of the new term all. No one told me I needed plastic wallets??!!! AARRGGHHH!!