Did anyone buy the sample GL paper (paper 1?) from the CSSE?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Manana

Did anyone buy the sample GL paper (paper 1?) from the CSSE?

Post by Manana »

It is different to any of the other GL papers from packs 1 and 2, isn't it? How do you seasoned folk (Moved?) find it compares to the other papers?
bravado

Re: Did anyone buy the sample GL paper (paper 1?) from the C

Post by bravado »

Do you mean the one that comes with the Maths and English 2010/ 2011?
Manana

Post by Manana »

[quote="bravado"]Do you mean the one that comes with the Maths and English 2010/ 2011?[/quote

Yes, I think so!
bravado

Post by bravado »

I can't say how it compares with other papers, in terms of results/feedback/performance etc from tutoring children over years and years..however, if it's okay, I can say my DD2 found it?
It was the first ever "proper", full-scale paper that she did and we timed it strictly - bad, bad mummy :lol:
This was about 3 months ago and she scored 75/80, having only done Bond Assessment before. I've had a quick look at this one and the other GL's she's done over the last few weeks and they kind of look the same, in terms of question-types - but I'll check with her in the morning about how she felt about it. However, I'm no expert, so bow to the wealth of experience that's on this forum and wait with interest :D
moved

Post by moved »

Hi, the format of the paper is fine, but it only uses a limited number of VR types, as they all do.

I think it is easier than some and use it early in training. Good luck, not long now!
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

Hi, DS got 85% back in march then 94% a few weeks go. The paper is generally easy but the codes section is a bit tricky. The answers appear not to be on the answer sheet except you work backwards a different way. So worth getting so kids get prepared for such stumbling blocks.

Generally DS gets 70-80%in the Walsh papers to give you an idea....