12+/YEAR 8 ADMISSION

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiggy

12+/YEAR 8 ADMISSION

Post by tiggy »

Our son has passed 12+ and we are deciding whether or not to move him to a local grammar. Does anyone have experience to share? He is happy where he is (a selective independent school) but has a very long day. Our main concerns about moving him are whether he will cope academically (he got 120 in 11+ and the pass mark this time) and whether he will be well integrated by the school (JHGS)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

My child took up a 12+ place last year - is doing very well and has been made captain of sports team.

Why don't you go and visit and ask how they integrate new pupils? I know some are beter than others ....
tiggy

Post by tiggy »

Many thanks - we had a look around today and the school looks great. Just anxious about another disruption. 25 others will be entering in Year 8 and the school seems well geared up to cope with 12+ intake. Good to hear that you have had a good experience. Our son is very sporty and sociable so I'm sure I am worrying unnecessarily!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Tiggy,

If 25 are joining this is good news as a single 12+ person can feel a bit 'strange' but so many new pupils will be better integrated.

Good luck to you and your child -