Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Footymad

Post your child's school

Post by Footymad »

Hi,
Well she did it!!!!!! :P

She got her 1st preference!!! The nearest girls grammar!

I'm over the moon!!!(can't wait to let her know after school, she will be ecstatic!!)

From September 2006 she will attend "Skipton Girls' High School" Skipton, North Yorks.

Good luck to everybody else.

Footymad. :P :P :P

Can't wait to see the list of schools! please post :wink:
Last edited by Footymad on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

I am so pleased for you Footymad. You seem over the moon!

Well done to you and your daughter.

It is nice to see people receiving good news.

Best of luck to everyone who has yet to receive their allocation.

Catherine
HP

Post by HP »

Well Done to your daughter Footymad. Been trying to post a congrats since lunchtime but found the internet really slow today. Must be all those parents trying to view their allocations on-line :) . Your daughter will know shes done well when she sees you walking on air :D :D :D

Know I will be. Just had my e-mail to say we got our first choice school. One of 65 places out of over 1000 applicants. Still can't quite believe it , can't wait to see my daughter's face :D

After an awful couple of days waiting, still thinking about those who have yet to receive news.

HP
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Well done to you and you're daughter HP!!

Glad you received good news too.

I hope there's more of us soon, couldn't bare to hear much bad news.

What an emotional rollercoaster ride!!

If you don't mind me asking, what school has she got?

Footymad :P
HP

Post by HP »

School is Parmiters, Watford. One of six of the South West Herts consortium which select 35 % on academic ability. Basically owing to the sibling rule which takes up most of the allocation the only way to get in is via the exam. There isn't a pass mark, children are selected in order of the highest marks first irrespective of catchment, so although the school is only 2 miles away from where we live rarely are children admitted on distance and competition is fierce with children "commuting" out of North London. Needless to say we are incredibly proud of our daughter especially as we couldn't get a tutor and had to coach her ourselves.

Thanks for the congrats, how did your daughter react, mine is still on cloud 9! :D :D :D

HP
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Footymad

Well done to you and your daughter, I am very pleased for you, have to say you have been one of the most supportive parents I have seen on this forum, you have missed your vocation!

Have you got any more children to ' get through?'

Out of interest, do you really like football?

Dear HP

Well done to you too!

Patricia
Last edited by patricia on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Essex Girl

Congratulations

Post by Essex Girl »

Just congratulations really!!
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Hi HP,
Yes she was jumping about like a looney when I told her! She is just waiting on finding out if her friend has got a place now :?

Patricia,
Thanks for you're well wishes, I've really enjoyed this forum It has been really informative and supportive.

Yes I do like Football, but missing second half of the England friendly to come herE and catch up on everyones news. :roll:

Footymad. :wink:
Bewildered

Congratulations

Post by Bewildered »

Footymad, Congratulations to you and your daughter. Well deserved.

Congratulations to HP and her daughter too, Well done.

Have been following lots of threads, the highs and lows of this experience, very greatfully getting an insight. Thanks to all.
I've still got these delights :( to come!
HP

Post by HP »

Thanks Patricia for your kind words. Looking back at all my daughter's hard work and the sacrifices she made in terms of free time, still can't believe we're finally there. After two sleepless nights worrying - still can't sleep :? hence the late posting :lol: :lol:

Loads and Loads of luck to those still waiting

HP
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now