Format of NVR

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
secondtime

Format of NVR

Post by secondtime »

Obviously the NVR is split into sections.

If you need extra time to do Section 2, can you re-visit it if, for example, you finish Section 3 early?

Or is each section totally independent?

DD is very good at codes and always finishes with a couple of minutes to spare? Can she go back and check an earlier section where time has been more of an issue?
Rainy

Re: Format of NVR

Post by Rainy »

Hi secondtime
As I understand it you cannot revisit previous sections in the non verbal.if you finish before time is up you can only check over the questions in the section you are currently working through. All children seem to be better at some question types than others, my son loves codes and whizzes through them but dislikes matrices. Hope all goes well for your DD on the day
Rainy
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Hiya - no you cant revisit sections. It is 3 sections of 16 and 1 section of 17, all in 8 minutes each and no going back etc once your 8 minutes on a section is up.
looleeuk

Post by looleeuk »

Hello,

Are the 4 different sections all based around questions of a type grouped together in each section?

Thanks
Rainy

Post by Rainy »

Hi looleeuk
Yes they are grouped in sections of the same question type

Rainy
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Yes - no nets/cubes in lincs. 6 NVR types (4 tested on the day) - the 'pairs' type question, grids, sequences, most like, most unlike (odd one out) an codes.
Disney-Mum

Post by Disney-Mum »

Stocky wrote:Yes - no nets/cubes in lincs. 6 NVR types (4 tested on the day) - the 'pairs' type question, grids, sequences, most like, most unlike (odd one out) an codes.

Oooh, thats intresting to know - My son can't seem to get his head around nets and Cubes, so its good to know they're unlikely to come up!!!!

Thank you
x
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

Cubes and nets will definitely not come up.

Definitely!!

I am glad too DisneyMum!