Friday 7th Sept

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sss

Friday 7th Sept

Post by sss »

Hi
What will everybody doing with their DC tommorow, the day before the test?
Personally, we will be 'chilling' - first to the park & then a meal out & then my DD will sent to bed early - definitely no intensive 'test talk.'
I might then have a drink (or 3) just to calm my nerves. :|
Okanagan

Re: Friday 7th Sept

Post by Okanagan »

I'm just leaving it up to ds. We've already decided that he'll not do his usual Friday evening sports session and will have an early night. But in between the end of school and bath and bed it's up to him. So either just chill out, or go over anything he's doesn't feel confident on if he wants to, but definately no pressure to do anything last minute unless its his decision.
lottie78

Post by lottie78 »

Hi,
Well tomorrow for us will be karate after school, then chill and early night.
Ds has relaxed so much since we stopped going over everything.
We can't do any more so I'd rather he went into exam calm and confident. I'll do the panicking for both of us!!!

Good luck to everyone ***
ginx

Post by ginx »

We've done nothing all week at dd's request. She is sick of it! So are we!

Good luck to everyone! May all that hard work pay off .. I do believe in fate though, what is meant to be ... or not ...
koala

Post by koala »

Lottie - when my two DC took exam 2 years ago, we planned to chill the night before, have an earlyish night etc. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=27365#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They took the test in early November and on the night before when I tucked them up in bed, the fireworks literally started. My next door neighbour decided to have an all night bonfire and firework party (well you would on Nov 4th or 5th wouldn't you). The boys slept through it but I paced up and down most of the night willing the noisy revellers and fireworks to stop and for my two to stay asleep. I was exhausted in the morning!
lottie78

Post by lottie78 »

For the first time September exam is a positive!!!
um

Post by um »

Ah yes the fireworks.
What a nightmare that was...they carried on for pretty much the whole of October and November here. They weren't even pretty fireworks - just the sort of things that make you feel you're living under constant aerial bombardment.
Thankfully ds2 is quite deaf :D but I am soo glad dd won't have to deal with it just before her exam :D
Another positive is that we are not yet in cold and flu season. ds1 had only just recovered from the 2009 swine flu when he sat his exam.

Anyway, best wishes to all the dcs taking the examination this Saturday :D
Just one day and nine hours to go...
11nuts

Post by 11nuts »

Whatever will be will be, the future is not ours to see oh.....
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

All my best wishes for the DC sitting their exams tomorrow. :D

Parents, don't show your anxiety to your darlings, and just tell them how much you love them... and enjoy your special treat tomorrow afternoon...
CaptainCaveman

Post by CaptainCaveman »

Yes special treats for all the hard work irrespective of the outcome are important.

We will have a family lunch on Saturday and a full day out as a treat on Sunday. So glad the weather is good at present and our DC will get to enjoy it without having to work!