D Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nicolajane1971

D Day

Post by nicolajane1971 »

It's here, it's here, it's here.

On the good side, soon it will all be over.

On the bad side, I'm shaking, feel sick, must be coming down with that dreaded 11 plus fever.

DS still in bed, will leave him there as long as possible, are we leaving early enough, will we be able to park, should we take the other kids (are anyway), have we got enough cash in case we break down and need to get a taxi, just realised no milk, will have to offer DS toast, he hates toast, it could cause a meltdown?!

AAAAAAAAAAAGH! Big hugs to everyone.
lottie78

Re: D Day

Post by lottie78 »

Hi, I can't sleep either.
Thankfully Ds in bed and oblivious.
He's taking it all in his stride I'm waiting for some Pre exam meltdown, which hopefully won't happen!
As you say not long now.
Good luck
nicolajane1971

Post by nicolajane1971 »

Ironic. Note it is DS test day. DD has decided to have a fit of the jealous histrionics.

Witch bag.

That was most certainly not in the planning.
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Good luck to all children who are sittting the 11+ today. May all your dreams come true.
After a 4 year break from 11+ i will be in the same boat as you parents in 2 years time.
CaptainCaveman

Post by CaptainCaveman »

Hope it all goes well for everyone.

My very reliable sources (directly opposite Camp Hill entrance) tell me there's already a queue of parents and kids outside the entrance.....

Edit - very reliable source says queue of people being allowed up driveway of Camp Hill even though it's only 7.50am!
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

Good luck all DCs taking the test today
CaptainCaveman

Post by CaptainCaveman »

DD gone in now, it's already busy at CH....
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

nicolajane1971 wrote:Ironic. Note it is DS test day. DD has decided to have a fit of the jealous histrionics.

Witch bag.

That was most certainly not in the planning.

Chocolate ... only solution to such situations
lottie78

Post by lottie78 »

We're home after dropping Ds at camp hill, the queue was huge. Don't know how strict they will be on latecomers as can't see them getting everyone in and settled before 9.

Ds was shaking and very pale! I was very brave( only just) he looked so small as he was handed over to a giant of a pupil. Ds has never been in exam conditions before so just hope he can stay calm and do his best.
Can't wait to pick him up.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Good luck to everyone :)

I remember we went back home after dropping my DS off two years ago, only to come back again almost straight away to hang around Kings Heath to wait, then walk back to the school. I am sure Costa on Kings Heath high street will be doing a roaring trade this morning :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now