2013 Entry/ 2012 Test Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

phoenix45

2013 Entry/ 2012 Test Results

Post by phoenix45 »

:D
Do people know average score required for Warks selection, and how many may have sat the exam in Warks? I browsed through this site to see that the number could be as high as 1600?..and the average required is around 75%?
ginx

Re: 2013 Entry/ 2012 Test Results

Post by ginx »

Hi phoenix45

If 75% is what's required, my dd has no chance at all. She only did a third of the maths paper and half of vr!

1600 people is a lot!

Good luck!
phoenix45

Post by phoenix45 »

Thanks ginx for your reply, sorry to hear about your DDs - I don think it's that bad at all since maths appears to be the hardest of all for many that we have spoken to. So not to worry much until we see the results I guess.

I thought 75% based on a post by someone analysing the past scores, I could be wrong. Anyhow, it's hard to think selective school minimum required could be less than 70%?..number of kids sat the 2011 exam in south warks also seems close to a 1000 based on a previous post. Since there are three schools, there are about 300 places at most, and about 1 in 4 get a place?..so perhaps 1200 kids...

I don't mean to boil this all down to simple numbers but just needed to get an idea of our chances as we need to make some life decisions based on our DSs results..may not seem right to some, but that's where we are...thanks again..anyone else with ideas?
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

I think the year my son got in, he got around 80% and automatically qualified for a place at grammar school. Over around 70% got on to the waiting list...
ginx

Post by ginx »

I think 75% sounds about right for our three schools. I can't believe it is less than 70%, that sounds too low.

I didn't know there were waiting lists! It must be ghastly to be on a waiting list. We don't know what school we've got till 1 March. That seems ages!

I chatted to some mum this afternoon who said her daughter struggled with the maths too. All very reassuring.

It must be hard to have to make decisions before the results are out! I bet they are marked really quickly. I'm virtually counting the days, I just want to know where my dd is going. I think I'm kidding myself to think she has a chance. She doesn't. I just want to know.

Good luck
phoenix45

Post by phoenix45 »

We are in the same boat jinx..hope things will work out somehow. We will getbtonknownthe results in just 4 weeks, by 13 October, so will roughly know then if we have a grammar school place. From what I read, if you get a standardised score above 320 then you have a good chance of securing a place in south warks.

Good luck :)
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

ginx wrote:I bet they are marked really quickly.
I read somewhere on here that Warwickshire's contract with CEM means that they get the results in 2 weeks (Edit - found it: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ct#p207453" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). Not sure if they mark the first lot and give those marks back in 2 weeks, then the late exam people get theirs marked later and returned a week later, or if they get them all back at once, but 2 weeks after the 2nd exam.
sss

Post by sss »

I've been reliably told that a standardised score of 113 is based on a raw score of around 65% in a CEM test. In B'ham that is enough to get a pass for KE Five Ways or KECHG (pass mark of 225 last year).
Remember these are CEM tests and the usual 80%-90% scores are not necessary to pass (unlike traditional papers eg GL, Bond etc).
You can literally miss 15%-20% of the paper & still pass if you've done well in the questions that you have answered. In fact there have been cases where DC have missed a whole page or incompleted 2/3 of a section (usually maths) & still get through.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

pass marks for Warwickshire are based on 3 x standardised scores, whereas Birmingham is 2, so the scores required will be correspondingly higher.

From info posted here in the past the scores required from the 2010 tests (with a maximum standardised score of 465) were:
KE Vi Stratford - 335
Stratford Girls - 335
Alcester Grammar - 329
Lawrence Sherriff - 303
Rugby High - 303
Ashlawn Selective - 301

but expect all except probably KE Vi Stratford to be lower this year as the admission numbers are higher at all but that one.

So you can see that historically the required scores are a fair way off of the maximum possible.
sss

Post by sss »

I suppose an average sd score of 112 on each section should be be enough to get you through for KE Stratford. This would imply achieving a raw score 60%-65 % pass mark. Still relatively difficult to achieve in a CEM test.
Maths was very hard this years - it was mentioned that a achieving 54% in a hard maths paper would give you a average sd score around 116.
I hope this can reassure DPs that 80%+ is not necessary & help alleviate their worries.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now