Watford consortium music test

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Nearly over

Watford consortium music test

Post by Nearly over »

Hi, does anyone know how long you have wait to get the results of the written music test? Also, if you need the use of an accompanist at the audition, do they consortium provide one and if so, do DCs get time to practice with them on the day of the audition? So many questions buzzing around my head at the moment! Thanks.
Daogroupie

Re: Watford consortium music test

Post by Daogroupie »

You should hear within the week with an audition date or a letter telling you the score was not high enough to get through to audition. They provide an accompanist and you get time in a room to get ready and then a run through with the accompanist who becomes one of the reviewers after the piece is played. DG
Nearly over

Post by Nearly over »

Thanks DAOGroupie, that's really helpful.
thumbelina

Post by thumbelina »

hello everybody. not long to go.

please can anyone help with info regarding the music exam?

does anyone know what the pass mark is for the aural this week. how many girls sit the paper at watford girls?

how long do you have to perform your piece? can you go over slightly? is it best to use your full allocated time slot?

feeling pretty horrible. wishing all children the best of luck. they have all worked so hard and deserve a good school.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

DAO publish a pass mark and take all those who reach it. This is a very risky strategy as with over 250 sitting they could well end up with one hundred auditions. They have raised the pass mark twice in the last few years and could well increase it again for next year if they get too many this year. Watford on the other hand does not publish a pass mark so it seems like they have a certain number to audition and so the pass mark could well vary each year. I would target three minutes for your slot. They do not time you so you could get away with more but you can only do one piece on one instrument. I would forget about the time and choose a piece your dc enjoys playing. Playing well is far more important than how long the piece is. DG
Cutting42

Post by Cutting42 »

My sons music piece for the audition was 32 seconds long and he got into WGSB on music.
WP

Post by WP »

In the past, each of the schools had their own threshold for the written test. If you met this threshold for any of the schools you applied for, you were invited for audition. Now they have to make this decision before you've applied for any schools, so I guess they'll pick a single level that makes the number of auditions manageable. I guess it won't make a huge difference, because most people applied to more than one consortium school in the past.
WatfordGirl

Post by WatfordGirl »

Does anyone know if children need to attend music exam tomorrow and Saturday in school uniform?
WP

Post by WP »

WatfordGirl wrote:Does anyone know if children need to attend music exam tomorrow and Saturday in school uniform?
I'm pretty sure they don't care about that.
Long Journey

Post by Long Journey »

I should think that quite a few will be in uniform as many will make their way to the test centres straight from school.

eta: for the music exam that is.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now