Handsworth boys exam 15th sep 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Priya01

Handsworth boys exam 15th sep 2012

Post by Priya01 »

Hi.I have registered my ds for hands worth boys birmingham exam on the Saturday.does anyone know the format and how long will the kids sit the exam for? I don't have a clue about it because the paperwork doesn't say anything nor there's information online.some say the exam is for 3 hrsand they don't have nonverbal but have creative writing.but all this is here say ,I am not sure.
Meanwhile all the best for Wednesday and Saturdays exams.hope your little ones do their best.
UmSusu

Re: Handsworth boys exam 15th sep 2012

Post by UmSusu »

Priya you will be better off posting this in Birmingham forum. Also, if you do a search for Handsworth boys you will find previous posts about content.

In the meantime: although the school maintains that it is free to change the content from year to year, it has always been a one hour VR paper followed by two 30 minute papers in maths and English. The English has always been a writing task. The maths is based on the national curriculum.

Since last year (2012 entrants) they started allocating equal weighting to all three areas whereas in the past there was more on the VR.

Good luck!
UmSusu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now