Admissions to Kings Grantham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
samslack

Admissions to Kings Grantham

Post by samslack »

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me when we will know if our child is accepted (or likely to be). Do we have to wait until next year or will we have a fairly good idea when the results come out?
secondtime

Re: Admissions to Kings Grantham

Post by secondtime »

Hi
Having 2 boys at Kings hopefully I can answer this one!
On the Monday after the results are out you can ring the school and they will give you a score which they thinks guarantees a place.
They don't know the actual cut-off as boys may sit their exams in school/at a different school eg Sleaford but still put Kings first on the form.
The 'guaranteed score' therefore tends to be quite high - it was 235 in my son's year.

Given that he got 234, that left us on tenterhooks until March 1st! (and turning down an offer on the house we were selling to move close to Grantham).
With my oldest son his score was so high that I knew he would get a place.

So in conclusion the only way you really know for sure is if your DS scores an amazing score - if not you have to wait until March! It turned out he was fine and easily got his place.

Good Luck - I have a daughter this time - as I am relatively near to the school I will know on results day!
callyj20

Post by callyj20 »

Hi,

I also have 2 at Kings. This year the cut off was very low and I do know that my son's friend got a place with score of 222. I have never known it to be this low before though. Someone once said to me that if your son's score was above 230 you were likely to be offered a place. Anything below this and I would put Kings down as first but look at some alternatives too. My son was offered all three of our choices this year including Belvoir High which is out of county for us. In conclusion, it really does depend on how many take the test, the calibre of the boys taking the test and how many decide to choose Kings. Prepare yourself for a mildly sressful few months :roll:
Redgoldlincs

Post by Redgoldlincs »

Yes, can second this, a friend's boy got in no problem with a score of 225 last year.
Someone said they had expanded their intake since becoming an academy, but that may just be hearsay.
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

Intake has not been expanded - still 150 boys.

I believe it was a low cohort.