Online Waterstones... is this standard of service normal???

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

2littleboysmum

Online Waterstones... is this standard of service normal???

Post by 2littleboysmum »

DS1 sent a waterstones giftcard for his birthday. As we do not have a branch of said store near us, we ordered off their website. All the books we ordered were supposedly in stock. This was a week ago- and still no sign of them!!! is this a normal turnaround for orders, I ask myself. If so, it's back to Amazon for me.
hermanmunster

Re: Online Waterstones... is this standard of service normal

Post by hermanmunster »

I haven't used Waterstone's but most companies tell you who is delivering them and you may be able to see through that as to whether they have not been dispatched or have gone astray.

I am quite an Amazon fan ... unless of course they are using one particular courier :twisted: :twisted: who can't get anything right and on Amazon's own forum there is 600+ list of complaints about them... heartsinks when they say that that company will be delivering.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I think I know the one you mean - something to do with someone's home. We use Amazon Prime. Something I really wanted did not show up the next day. I looked at the tracking both on Amazon and on the delivery company website and it said it had been received by us. This got me thinking it had gone to the wrong home. It turned up the next day. It would seem to me that the home ... person was able to make it look on the system as though it had been delivered to us when it hadn't. Very fishy.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

yes that is the one - also goes under the name of some european farmers noise... good at saying they have delivered something and it is actually several miles away :? , that is prime too. :roll:
doodles

Post by doodles »

I've signed up for Amazon Prime at least that's what I think it's called (is that the one that's £45 per year and then free delivery?) and it's great, makes ordering with them so easy. Reckon I've saved at least £30 of the fee over the summer holiday alone just ordering 11+ materials.

The only delivery I have had from them that was delayed was one that came via the Royal Mail - no surprise there then :lol:
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Prime is great as it doesn't just do free delivery to your home address. Distant friends all get pressies from Amazon with free delivery
asdguest

Post by asdguest »

........and students at university.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

2littleboysmum wrote:DS1 sent a waterstones giftcard for his birthday. As we do not have a branch of said store near us, we ordered off their website. All the books we ordered were supposedly in stock. This was a week ago- and still no sign of them!!! is this a normal turnaround for orders, I ask myself. If so, it's back to Amazon for me.
I would stick to Amazon!

I have used waterstones and whsmith several times in the past and the delivery took ages for some of the items. I remember one item that was supposed to be in stock took a whole month to be delivered :shock:

This website's delivery turnaround is pretty good too for 11 plus materials.
UmSusu
2littleboysmum

Post by 2littleboysmum »

And to think, I had no idea you could track delivery on amazon or waterstones; however, waterstones website seems to be having some issues today, so will investigate more fully tomorrow.

ps. I mustn't be very cryptic, as I have no idea which delivery firms you are alluding to!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

will pm you when I get back from jolly this evening