One more to go!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
FluffyD

One more to go!!

Post by FluffyD »

Phew, I cannot believe that after so long looking at the 11+ process and prepping that we are nearly over and it is all dealt with :shock:

I am not entirely sure what I will do with myself, though I am sure that going back to uni next week will help!

DS happy with what he has done so far though thinks that he could have done better on the VR and he let a few marks go so is aiming to pick those back up on Friday. I have done no prep with him since the familiarisation last week other than to quickly run through one type of question with him that he had struggled with on the day which was at his request. I am already feeling a little strange at not doing anything with him and I believe that he knows his stuff and extra pressure at this stage will achieve nothing.

DS was asking me about vintage wines the other day and then said that he was going to take some money out of his bank so that he could get me a bottle of wine to say thank you for tutoring him over the last year and that he appreciates all the work I have put in for him....I nearly bawled my eyes out, thank goodness we were walking to the train stn at the time!

Good luck to all you lovely people for your DC's with their tests.....roll on 17th October!
Vic x
janet71

Re: One more to go!!

Post by janet71 »

Bless what a sweetie, my ds said Thankyou to me for not giving up on him when he wanted to quit, and hugged me (not in public of course) we have done nothing either since tues but will do a little on Fri morn to get his brain in gear but he feels confident that he's done well so far so i too don't want to put any stress on him but i think he's taking advantage this week and being a little cheeky,so come Saturday it's back to normal and strict mum will be back lolx see you on Friday and then like you say bring on the 17th Oct then it's hurdle number 2 to jump :D
andy from embsay

Post by andy from embsay »

What happens on 17 October? Aren't results on a Saturday? SGHS say theirs are sent out on 15th (which is a Monday and seems a bit odd).
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

EGS are sending the results out on the 17th which is a Wed. Very strange date!
Vic x
andy from embsay

Post by andy from embsay »

I thought NYCC sent the results for Ermies? I assume SGHS send their own as they've opted out of the council scheme.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

andy from embsay wrote:I thought NYCC sent the results for Ermies?

I suspect that is what they mean!
I assume SGHS send their own as they've opted out of the council scheme.
:lol: :lol: SGHS just seem to have opted out!!!
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

hermanmunster wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:I thought NYCC sent the results for Ermies?

I suspect that is what they mean!
Yes sorry, not made myself clear there!

Well it's all over and done with now. Took DS to Oakleys for a well done meal with OH and DD too.
He is asking to burn his books..........I may let him :wink:
Vic x
janet71

Post by janet71 »

Yes all done, ds is very positive so fingers crossed, not letting him burn the books they are going on ebay lol (keeping vr for dd but don't have to worry for another 4yrs)
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

DS ended up writing on some (most!) of them and they are useless now. :roll:
Vic x
janet71

Post by janet71 »

Oh no i had laminating sheets which I'd open and place over the pages so he could place his pen on the pages but not mark them, I'm hoping to get some money back :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now