Does GC School Exam date will be in July in 2013?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
santyiit

Post by santyiit »

I have been told that for Essex/London Entrance test date is pre pond to July 2013..
is it correct as I can't see this info at any schools website..
My DC just came to Year 5 and this mean she will not get enough time for preparation (usually summer holidays)
Can some one pls confirm if they know ?
hermanmunster

Re: Does GC School Exam date will be in July in 2013?

Post by hermanmunster »

which school is this?

worth bearing in mind that ALL children will be in the same boat regardless of when exams are taken so will have the same amount of time for preparation.
santyiit

Post by santyiit »

it should be Woodford County/Ilford County, Chelmsford County High School for Girls, Westcliff High School for Girls
I agree it will be same but not sure if this is true..
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Woodford County/Ilford County is a different 11 plus exam to Chelmsford County High School for Girls and Westcliff High School for Girls. The two are different LEA's and have never been at the same time.

The exam for Chelmsford and Westcliff is run by the CSSE. It always used to be in November but was brought forward (due to new Government rules) to September this year (Sat 22nd Sept 2012). The date for next year has not been released yet but I would be surprised if it was changed again after only one year. The schools open evenings for prospective students were in July.

http://www.csse.org.uk/

Woodford County/Ilford County I'm afraid I know little about. I believe the exam was the 3rd September this year (used to be ?December) try looking at the Essex - Redbridge section of the forum for more information.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now