Geographic change for CCHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Obsessed huttonian

Geographic change for CCHS

Post by Obsessed huttonian »

New to forum so apologies if this has been answered previously.My DD will fall within catchment for CChs. Based on the data for 2010 to 2012 in/out catchment applicants I estimate she would need to be in the top quartile (approx to be guaranteed a place. I.e 96/(approx 380). Do we have any indication of the probable increase of in catchment applicants due to the changes this year. Possibly based on other schools making similar changes in prior years?
First-timer

Re: Geographic change for CCHS

Post by First-timer »

It's the question on the minds of many parents! I don't have an answer. I expect there will be an increase in catchment applicants but I don't think we will reach a stage of true predictability until at least this and the next cohort have gone through the process. There have been two huge changes this year with the date move and the introduction of a catchment area. The announcement of the changes may have been too late to affect the decisions of some parents (as to whether to prepare their DC for the exam) and so I think it will take a while for the changes to bed in. I think we will also see an increase in catchment applicants in future years because those who currently live out of catchment will move.
Obsessed huttonian

Re: Geographic change for CCHS

Post by Obsessed huttonian »

It makes the October results day even more difficult to understand. The prior years' data is pretty irrelevant to a large extent. I would assume all things being equal that the score required for CCHS for in catchment applicants will definetely be lower (as in prior years the successful applicants largely came from OOC). Time will tell, thanks for the response
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now