Results by email

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ginx

Results by email

Post by ginx »

Do results by email come on 13 Oct as well as letters? Or are they sent out the day before?

Anyone know?
mustbemad

Re: Results by email

Post by mustbemad »

We did the birmingham exam and i am not sure if they post or email the reults. We registered for the exam online. Does any one know? Also do you know if we receive the results before the 15th of october or are they sent then? Thank you. I am a nervous wreck at the moment waiting, and looking at these forums. My ds sat the exam saturday and he said he found it really hard - missing out a lot of questions. Maths is his stronger subject and he missed out at least 12 questions. He didnt finish the non-verbal paper and said the cloze and verbal were really hard, again missing out lots of questions. Im not sure if i should just assume he wont pass. Does any one know if they miss out a lot questions they still have a chance? Im very proud of him just doing the test, i know i couldnt it.
sss

Post by sss »

Chill out mustbemad! :)
If you look at the B'ham forum it has been re-iterated that a raw score of 60%-65% should get you a GS place (not your 80%+ pass marks you need for NFER etc).
Out of around 50(!) dc that I know that took the exam (from various sources and not personally) 30% found it very hard, 69% found it hard & only ONE child found it 'easy peasy' - but I would take this last comment with a large pinch of salt!
My dd also missed a LOT of questions (& you'd find that the VAST majority of dc will miss many questions in a cem test).
Postal results only - no emails from brum.
good luck!
mustbemad

Post by mustbemad »

Thank you so much for your reassurance, i really appreciate it. I really do need to chill out. I thought i would relax once the exam was over, i seem to be more stressed than ever. Thank you so much for your response and kind words. I wish you and your dc the best of luck :)
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I don't know what Warks have said but the Birmingham consortium have said that the will post the results in the week commencing the 15th- I doubt they will commit to a precise date as they are not obliged to and parents will only just bug them about letters not arriving.

Mustbemad, it is really difficult to second-guess whether they will pass based on their feedback. Now I have no idea who has the ability to pass in DS2s class, but I know that it is a decent school and this year they have a lot of strong candidates : all of them said there were some very difficult parts in the exam and that they had missed questions in some sections. However, the feedback from two of the children in the lower ability group who did very little or no preparation was that it was easy and they answered everything - make of that what you will!

I would say to you that if he usually works accurately, was able to recognise the complexities within the exam and is confident with the parts he did complete he still has a decent chance. I would doubt that there are any parents out there no matter how bright their kids are who have not been given some sort of feedback that makes them anxious. I just hope we get clear cut scores that allow us get a clear idea of where they end up rather than a score on the periphery that may or may not have got them a place in previous years.

Good Luck!

UmSusu
UmSusu
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

UmSusu wrote:I don't know what Warks have said
Results supposed to be out by the 13th October for Warwickshire. I presume that means they'll be posted a few days ahead of that to allow for postal delivery time.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Thanks, Okanagan!

I wondered if results would, if being sent by email, be emailed the day before? If it's 7 in the morning, I'll be up all night waiting! I thought from the distant past that friends had said emails were sent at 5pm the previous day.

Mustbemad - don't worry so much! I am getting better day by day. Lots of children left things out, couldn't do the maths (heard that repeatedly), some did none of the clozes ... and that was some of the brighter children. I haven't heard anybody say their child did every question. I've had lots of reassuring answers on here that my dd does stand a chance, despite the fact she only did a third of the maths and some of the clozes. It is awful for us, waiting, no idea really ... good luck. I'm feeling positive today!

UmSusu, I hope we don't get a score leaving us none the wiser as to what school we've got to. Then we'd have to wait to March - too long! Good luck!
sss

Post by sss »

Ginx
If I'm not mistaken if the majority of the dc found maths &/or cloze difficult, as it seems to be the case, than the individual sd scores (or weighting) of dc will be rejigged to maintain a fairly consistent sd score compared with previous years? I think someone like Okanagan maybe able to help us on this one (as I still haven't managed to suss it out after spending hours googling the subject)? :?
ginx

Post by ginx »

sss,

Okanagan has told me all about most things! Just a waiting game now. Good luck to you too.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Hi, results are only sent by post. I've just read the small print on my application form - which I sent by email!

Our postman/lady never arrives before 11!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now