Sorry if this is a silly question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fingerscrossedmum

Sorry if this is a silly question

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

but are the Kent 11+ papers sat by out of borough children tomorrow, the same as the ones sat earlier this week?

(My DS is only taking the Bexley 11+ so unsure of Kent rules)

I ask because a mum in our playground this afternoon asked to borrow my pen so I had to wait and so was earwigging to her call - she seemed to be writing down details of questions from the test for her DD tomorrow. Surely that cant be right?

Thank you
neurotic kent mum

Re: Sorry if this is a silly question

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Yes. It is totally wrong. And it makes me so very cross. :evil:
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Gosh, I'm shocked too if it's true! Surely that's wrong. They should be sat by all on the same day!! :cry:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Please try not to be too concerned.
Even A level students come out of an exam, discuss it with peers, and wonder if they sat the same paper!

There is every chance this mother is going to confuse her child, who may then be looking for things in the paper that are just not there. Said child will not be fully focussed on the task in hand, may waste time and may end up getting distressed.
doodles

Post by doodles »

It makes me very cross too but I make myself feel better by realising just what Belinda has said. That this woman's DD will probably be so confused and spend her time looking for questions she thinks should be there.

Two days on I am not sure that my DS could even tell you that he had done VR NVR and Maths let alone what was on the papers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It has all totally flown from his mind.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Completely agree Doodles....I think that last minute info like this could be so counterproductive. It makes me wonder if the in county parents passing on this info really think about the possible consequences to their own children of giving an advantage to other children.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Thank you Belinda. That helped. My dc equally chilled.
DebP

Post by DebP »

My son took the paper on Sat with the out of Kent Kids
and afterwards discussed the writing paper with some Kent kids who did it earlier in the week.
They discovered they had different papers.

As for the multiple choice main 3 papers, I don't know - there are so many questions to answer in such a short time...
christmasbonus

Post by christmasbonus »

Yes, there are so many questions on the paper that surely by the time the DC come out of the exam they won't even be able to remember any of them in any detail - NVR in particular. And even if a child came out and said "there was an algebra question", it wouldn't do much good trying to teach a child that overnight! Having said that, it is really poor to pass on ANY information about the content, and you are shooting yourself in the foot too.
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

I drove 4 children home from the 11+ on Saturday. Even in the car on the way home from the exam, they all had completely differing accounts of the exam. If I hadn't known better, I would have thought that they had all sat different tests!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now