AGGS - it's all over :)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ManYou

AGGS - it's all over :)

Post by ManYou »

What a ****** nightmare. The streets were manic !

And on top of that DD found the exams tough but battled through, bless her.

What's the feeling on the ground? the feedback I got from DD was:

NVR - ran out of time, VR - ok, Maths - hard !
and...breathe

Re: AGGS - it's all over :)

Post by and...breathe »

dd also said not enough time for nvr(was your dd in room c by any chance?) vr ok except the last which were very hard and maths easy....(which is a bit of a worry to be honest!!)
ManYou

Post by ManYou »

We were in room k and there were a few tears around the room!

So much pressure at such an early age !
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

People always underestimate the traffic! People abandon their cars left, right and centre with no thought for anyone else. It is dreadful.
gatleymum

Post by gatleymum »

:(

From what I can gather, she only did 50% of the NVR, so unless she was very lucky with the random filling in of the other 50% think we are stuffed.

Ok, excuse the person with the maths degree, she did 75% of the NVR, so maybe a glimmer of hope..
Last edited by gatleymum on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Hi. Firstly I want to say how very proud we should be today, I actually ended up getting a little emotional just thinking how courageous these children are, (some of whom are just 10) for even getting to the exam and sitting it. I really do feel a lot of the stress has lifted after today, and yes I shall probably dwell a little nearer results day but truly either way the skill/s my DD has learnt through this journey shall hopefully stand her in good stead wherever she goes.

All feedback generously volunteered by DD, I didn't like to hassle her with lots of questions. She found the Maths (her weakest subject) easier than the papers we have been doing at home. She found the VR (her strongest subject) the hardest. She found NVR alright but guessed some. There were one or two distractions in her room. From what I have heard, this year was quite calm compared to previous years regarding the crying/being sick. Did affect some but generally all the girls seemed happy (as can be) and relaxed. Seemingly around 900 have taken the exam today. DD recognised a friend of hers (she goes to different primary) and felt much more contented and happy knowing they were to be in the same room together.

Good luck girls!! x
greengrass

Post by greengrass »

My daughter has a mixed feedback about today's AGGS exam. For her NVR was the hardest, she didnt have time to complete it. VR was ok and maths was better. I am not surprised given that NVR is anyways her weakest subject. However a few of the girls that I know did say that they found the exam hard. Lets hope for the best.
Dougal

Post by Dougal »

I,m glad it's all over too. This is my 4th DD to take the exam and it doesn't get any easier. I just told her it didn't matter how she did as I was just proud of her for all the hard work she had put in. Just had a relaxing glass of wine :D I hope my nerves hold out until the results arrive.
aharris

Post by aharris »

Yes, a stressful day is over. Now hope for the best. My DD feedback overall was-I do not know, it was kind of ok but time was the issue. Could do better if got a little bit more time. NVR-slightly better than she done at home (it is her weakest subject-mainly due to time pressure) VR-not sure Math-Ok (although her strongest subject).
Well done to the kids for taking such enormous pressure :D

Good luck to everyone :)
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

My DD ran out of time on NVR and had to just quickly mark any anwer on the last 3 questions in the first set. VR apparently not too difficult (her weakest subject) and math was hard (her strongest subject). :?:

I'm so glad it's over although going through it again at Sale in 3 weeks but I think that won't be as daunting now. My poor DD was shaking when I picked her up. I honestly don't think she's going to pass now although I felt quite confident beforehand. Oh well, whatever will be, will be.

My daughter was in room I. No tears but they had a discussion in the toilets during the break and they all said they found it hard.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now