Error on Tutors CD1?

Questions and advice about our 11 Plus Interactive CDs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

Error on Tutors CD1?

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Mike

Son 2 decided to take the plunge today and try out the CDs, even though it's too early for him to be doing them, with the 11+ over a year away. However, on a rainy day when the old computer games pall ...!

On VR CD1 we found what must be a glitch. Make A Word, Test 1, question 44:

WAGON (GAMES) IDEAS
SNIPE (... ? ...) SPOUT

G = I in snipe
A = N in snipe (or U in Spout, which doesn't work)
M = ????
E = O in spout???
S = T in spout

The answer is INSET.

Hope you're not too perturbed at the idea that if the weather doesn't improve, there may be a few more posts like this! :lol:

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Sally-Anne

Can you confirm whether you have a CD or download version of the CD and when you purchased it.
We can then check with elevenplusexams.co.uk whether this is an old error that has already been rectified.
If it is then you should be able to get an upgrade version of the CD.

As far as we are aware, there should be no errors on any recently purchased CDs or downloads.

Regards

Mike
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Mike

It is the actual CD, not the download, and we bought it at the beginning of March.

Should I pass any other errors direct to Forum Admin?

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Sally-Anne

I would suggest that you upgrade to the most recent version of the CD, then check whether the problem has been rectifiedied or not. I recognised the error as being one that had already been corrected.

The best proof-readers from my experience are the kids who are completing the papers, they often spot errors that, even though we go through a thorough quality assurance, we miss.

Due to the numbers of CDs sold, particuarly VR CD1, we think we are close to a perfect set of questions on the most recent version. Please inform us if you find that the most recent version still contains the error.

Regards

Mike
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Mike wrote:The best proof-readers from my experience are the kids who are completing the papers, they often spot errors that, even though we go through a thorough quality assurance, we miss.
Too right Mike! There's nothing like a 9 year old to give an adult their come-uppance!

I will have a word with Lee about getting the latest CD and then pass on any further errors age 9 finds to you and him via PM.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Sally-Anne

Have just received confirmation that elevenplusexams.co.uk do not have a record of the question being corrected, so have submitted new question that will be available as soon as the programmers have inputted it.

I think this highlights the benefit of having a digital based product, as changes can be made very quickly, whereas published papers can only be changed via an initial erratum and then at the next print run, which in some cases could be a number of years.

We are grateful to anyone that can highlight an error or anomaly in our work as we do aim to create as perfect a product as possible, so thank you to your son and hopefully the weather in the UK can continue to be miserable so that he can continue working through the CD!!!

Regards

Mike
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Mike wrote:hopefully the weather in the UK can continue to be miserable
Mike - take that back immediately! It's Wimbledon fortnight!!

Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Sally-Anne

It always rains on Wimbledon fortnight, plenty of time in between rain breaks to have a go at a VR CD. Perhaps you will find it more interesting than the tennis!!

Regards

Mike