Filling in the CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stroudydad

Filling in the CAF

Post by stroudydad »

When selecting a grammar school as one of your preferences there is a question along the lines of ' would you still like to be considered for a place if you don't get one on ability'
Have I misunderstood the question? What does it actually mean? I can't remember seeing it last year..
capers123

Re: Filling in the CAF

Post by capers123 »

stroudydad wrote:When selecting a grammar school as one of your preferences there is a question along the lines of ' would you still like to be considered for a place if you don't get one on ability'
Have I misunderstood the question? What does it actually mean? I can't remember seeing it last year..
Could that equate to a school that has 'equal banding' as a selection method, rather than an exam? There's at least one of those schools in Gloucestershire, where they try to take an equal percentage of the intake from 6 (or so) ability bands. Or maybe where an academy is allowed to recruit a certain percentage of pupils on an ability in - say - sport or the arts (but not academic ability).

It certainly shouldn't apply to grammars.
Capers
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

The exact wording of the two questions asked when selecting a GS as a preference:
I believe my child can pass this school's entrance test.?

If my child does not get a place in this school on their ability or aptitude I would still like them to be considered for this school?
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

I remember thinking this was a bit wierd last year given I already had the 11+ results and knew which Grammar schools DD was eligible to apply to.