wirral 11 plus today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

debs2028

wirral 11 plus today

Post by debs2028 »

what did children think of the exam today. My ds found it very difficult I looked at the faces of the children coming out of exam and they looked in shock!!!!
Bati

Re: wirral 11 plus today

Post by Bati »

I warned my dd that it would be harder today
She got to the last question and ran out of time (she normally finishes with quite a bit off time spare) She said she also had to guess 2/3 questions as she didnt have a clue
there was a few girls who came out looking horrified and some were crying. Lots were saying they nerver finished it - i felt very sorry for them
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

seems like it was a hard exam then...lets hope friday is a bit easier for them.
Good luck to your dd...(are you out of area then also)
debs
Bati

Post by Bati »

yes we are - this worries me as even if she passess she might not get in because off distance from school to home
did your ds sit the exam at boys wirral grammar
Good luck to your ds on friday :D
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

yes he did. There were so many there 180. Then there are the children that took the exam at Calday. Plus all the children in the wirral catchment. To be honest ds has been up and down with his results but do think he would do well in a grammar setting, so we will see!!!!!
debs
miggi

Post by miggi »

I have the joy of twins who both sat the exams today. Both of them said the paper was fine (easier than Bright Sparks) and finnished with time to check, and to also make a couple of educated guesses on those they were unsure of. I guess you can just never tell and we'll all just have to wait and see. Good luck to you both :)
moonkitty79

Post by moonkitty79 »

My daughter is very down about it. She had about 20 questions that she didn't have a chance to look at so is gutted. She has ADHD and I'm surprised she wasn't given a time extension, I'd have thought it was one of the SEN that would warrant it as she has trouble focusing despite being very bright.
Bati

Post by Bati »

moonkitty - maybe they allow them to have a lower % for a pass for sen - could you phone wirral Lea and ask them
moonkitty79

Post by moonkitty79 »

That's a good idea, thanks. It's bad enough that she's an August birthday so she's only just turned 10 bless her. So glad we get to be the guinea pig year of the 'let's watch tv for six weeks and hit them with exams' idea! I know she'll get some kind of leverage for age but I hadn't thought about the SEN side.
Taunton

Post by Taunton »

My DS didn't finish paper and was devastated. Do you think the pass mark will be lowered with taking the exam earlier than previous years?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now