What if they break their arm!?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Manana

What if they break their arm!?

Post by Manana »

This horrible thought occurred to me in bed last night! What if they break an arm or wrist and can't write just before the 11+!? Will they get a scribe? Will they get more time!?

I really really need to calm down...!
Angie76

Re: What if they break their arm!?

Post by Angie76 »

Hi

I'm not sure what happens in your area but this has happened to my friends boy. He has deferred his test for a couple of weeks but then hoping to have a scribe if he has no chance of writing. I wouldn't think he will be fit to write in a few weeks.
He is taking the Multi Choice this weekend (NVR) as he only has to mark answer in the box on separate answer sheet.

Fingers crossed this problem does not occur lol as i know how you feel as i have worried about so many things getting in the way.

Good Luck :D

Angie76
bravado

Post by bravado »

My "manic-panic" thought today, was what if she gets food poisoning? So...."today, I have mostly been cleaning out my fridge"
I had actually planned to do it this morning anyway, to keep my mind off "things" :lol: Next thing you know, I'll be ironing and then everyone will know that things are really getting to me :lol:
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Bravado

:lol: I just laughed out loud at your comment!!!
I too have feared a food poisoning outbreak lol and then dreamt my car broke down which troubled me so much so that when my DS took his first test out of the 4 we set off 2 hrs early just in case so that i had time to sort it lol. Have to say i was first one there arriving after half an hr. This did work out fab though as we walked upto a lovely park and a little while after friends joined us. The boys all played so did not get chance to worry about it and the fresh air worked wonders to wake them all up.
My new fear illness as everyone around us seems to be coming down with cold and flu so i have warned everyone to stay well away haha.

I don't feel so crazy now knowing we are all thinking along the sames lines.

Good Luck

Angie76 :D
Manana

Post by Manana »

Da has a cold at the moment so I'm dosing the poor boy up with vitamin C and Calpol!!

I've just been torturing myself by reading the scores on here that children in Essex got in March this year. Some of them said their child got 25 marks less than they normally got in VR and didn't pass-it sounds like the VR paper last year was horrible. DS consistently gets between 67-75/80 in VR-if he were to suddenly get 40 something, it would probably not be a success!! I wonder if there is always a 'horrid' paper??
thankgoditsover

Post by thankgoditsover »

I know reading through lots of past posts on here that most dc's drop 10-15 marks on what they were scoring on practice papers. My dd last yr was consistently scoring 90% + but scored much lower on the day. However she passed with a good score although she missed 3 or 4 questions, guessed a few and found the maths paper alot harder than the practice ones. Try not to read too much into any comments your dcs make when they come out, if it is a very hard english/maths or VR it will be hard for all. A friend's daughter missed 9 questions in VR, she still passed. Try not to worry too much if it sounds like it all went horribly wrong as its not always the case. GOOD LUCK xxxxx
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

Mine shut his finger in the car door on Christmas day - we were down to A&E on boxing day to make sure it was not broken (we were late sitters and this was his only chance to sit the 11+!) - fortunately it was fine and he ended up having the nail lanced instead (****** everywhere but reduced the pain immediately)
RGA

Post by RGA »

I also was struck by the thought of car breakdown, especially since our car has been making ominous noises all week but we can't get an appointment for it until next week! Would we get to do the second date, and I wonder what what proof we would need to show that we actually did breakdown?

Also my daughter has been getting struck by gastritis attacks over the summer, so I hope that nerves don't bring one of those on!
jojo1

Post by jojo1 »

Glad I'm not the only one panicking about these things!
My middle ds has started to loose his voice since this morning and so I keep making sure he is no where near my older ds. This afternoon my older ds came in from school with his fingers strapped up(giving me heart palpatations lol!) and then told me it was not his writing hand.
Please let there be no more traumas until at least Saturday afternoon :lol:
Good luck everyone
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Good Luck everyone and invest in bubble wrap till after the tests lol :D

Angie76
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now