Out of county head teachers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
easts

Out of county head teachers

Post by easts »

Will out of county Head Teachers also , be informed about the results before us. Can any body , confirm on this matter pls. Thank you. :?
Angie76

Re: OUT OF COUNTY HEAD TEACHERS

Post by Angie76 »

Hi

I don't know what happens where you are but I'm in North Lincolnshire. We are going for schools in Lincolnshire so we are out of county. The school said they would inform the head at my DC's school unless we filled in a form requesting that they did not send result to them.

Angie76
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

Yes they are - or at least they were 3 years ago when we did it. Our Head didnt understand what any of it meant, so was no help at all, but she did get the letter (before the Open Days as well)
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

That's it! My imagination is going to be working overtime between now and results day, reading secret messages into every look or encounter with the HT :shock: I think I will just try and avoid him for the sake of my sanity :lol:
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Last year my OOC headteacher let slip the result to me, as she didn't realised I hadn't received the results yet!!! She tried to cover her tracks during the rest of the conversation, when I told her the results didn't come out for a few days yet, but it was enough of a slip to make me feel more confident about results day.
kg309

Post by kg309 »

So when an ooc HT gets a letter does it make it clear what the child needs to get as a minimum in each paper and an overal score to pass, whether they need to appeal and how if the child doesn't achieve high enough? I'm guessing as they're an ooc HT they wouldn't necessarily understand the Kent process.

Hmmm any ideas?
stuffy

Post by stuffy »

i have asked mine as we have also sat an OOC test paper, checked yesterday and the HT didn't know as never done OOC before.. They did say will let me know as soon as they do if anything needs doing for an appeal - but not sure as we find out medway result next friday how long before or after my HT will get the result anyway
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

Medway HTs get the results slightly before or at the same time as parents - definitely not after. But there is no reason to give them out much before (even if there was time - the timing is pretty tight), as the Medway review process happens after the results are out.