How many question types?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
custard

How many question types?

Post by custard »

Hi, I have the Susan Daughtrey VR books and they explain 35 different question types. However I've seen other people talking about 21 question types. Does it depend on the region? How many question types are used in Glos and which ones are they? Thanks.
Stressed?Moi?

Re: How many question types?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

custard wrote:Hi, I have the Susan Daughtrey VR books and they explain 35 different question types. However I've seen other people talking about 21 question types. Does it depend on the region? How many question types are used in Glos and which ones are they? Thanks.
Here in Gloucestershire there are 21 question types. The relevant practice material that we used was GL Assessment (NFER)(Packs 1 & 2) (they have pictures of animals on the cover and I believe you can purchase them through the shop bit on this site). Not sure about other areas
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I can't seem to find it but somewhere on this forum someone has posted a list of the 21 types. Sorry not to be more help but it is here somewhere
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Stressed?Moi? wrote:they have pictures of animals on the cover
Do be careful. Nfer papers used to come in the animal packets but Nfer papers moved from Letts (animal packs) to GL http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/s ... %5B0%5D=11

If you've bought the animal packets in the last few years you are likely to have Letts tests not the official Nfer/GL tests. It is complicated and a good idea to double check.

If you use the shop there is a publisher drop down on the right which lists the publication by publishers. You are looking for "GL-Assessment (formerly Nfer-Nelson)"
custard

Post by custard »

Thanks. I have just ordered the GL verbal reasoning book from Amazon. Confusingly it says it teaches the 22 question types!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now