Pls don't send me PMs about exam content

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

HappyRobot

Pls don't send me PMs about exam content

Post by HappyRobot »

I got a pm re exam content last night and just to say I won't be giving details of the exam and I hope others who got the same message won't be either.
ginx

Re: Pls don't send me PMs about exam content

Post by ginx »

I also had a pm for exam content. It was from someone from a different area so I couldn't help - but I wouldn't help even if I could. It isn't fair. I don't like people thinking I am going to tell them exam content. I have only said what my dd found difficult - maths and clozes - and that's as far as I'm going - I don't think that's giving anything away.

So the same message from me; please don't pm me about exam content. It feels like cheating and won't help anyone. :(
lottie78

Post by lottie78 »

I didn't receive a message but I agree with you, why would we give out exam content to put others at an advantage over ours dcs after all of the hard work they have done.
It really annoys me, we are all trying the best for our children we all want to pass but we have to accept that more than likely won't happen for all of us.

These parents touting for exam content should put in more time helping their dcs instead of trying to cheat their way in at the expense of those that have worked hard.

Rant over, back to worrying about results now :)
Goodman

Post by Goodman »

I think those parents requesting contents of the exam inappropriately before all the late exams are finished should be reported, formally warned and probably disqualified from the forum.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

8. Private messages are useful for personal chat and confidential information, but before sending a PM, consider whether your question would be best placed on the open forum so that the replies can benefit others.

Any decision made by the moderators with regard to the interpretation and/or application of forum rules is final.

Thank you.

Forum Administrator
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ?f=9&t=148" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Goodman wrote:I think those parents requesting contents of the exam inappropriately before all the late exams are finished should be reported, formally warned and probably disqualified from the forum.
It is impossible to moderate PMs unless a complaint is made. :wink:
HappyRobot

Post by HappyRobot »

I made a complaint.
sss

Post by sss »

Funnily enough I've just had someone asking about exam content but to be honest my dd couldn't remember much - so nothing to tell.
I'm sure people who have info on the exam content aren't stupid enough to reveal it to other users so as to give them a unfair advantage!
Incidentally, I thought the sick exam was Monday just gone- will there be any more tests before the results come out?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

For anyone who doesn't know - to make a complaint you have to click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM. (Alternatively it may also be possible to PM one of the moderators directly.)

Moderators will take very seriously any suggestion that someone is seeking an unfair advantage, but they do not normally have access to members' private messages.

If you contact a moderator directly, please be sure to include a copy of the offending message and details of who sent it and when. (If you use the report facility - the red exclamation mark - this will happen automatically!)
Last edited by Etienne on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to make clear that the report facility will automatically include a copy of the offending PM
Etienne
um

Post by um »

I had a number of pm mails of this type last year, some from users that were not at all active on the forum and were purporting to be parents who wanted info to prepare their children at home for next year's test.

I'm glad the issue has been raised and that hopefully none of us will fall prey to anyone unscrupulous who is 'fishing' for info before the late examinations have been completed.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

I think you are all excessively touchy about exam content. There are actually some people who want to know because they may have a DC doing the tests next year. Anyway, all this info is available by face-to-face contact with those who have done the tests i.e., it's already out there in the public domain.

The main reason we are all on this forum is to find as much information about 11+ content, as possible. Otherwise, what's the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now