Y7 Lost Property

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Marylou

Y7 Lost Property

Post by Marylou »

OK so just over two weeks since term started and so far the tally is one lunchbag (on the first day :shock: :evil: ) and one sock.

Fortunately the lunchbag was a cheapie T***o one. Sock equally low-value but I'm a bit puzzled as DS claims that someone picked it up by accident in the changing room, so presumably went home with three. :?

Any advance on a lunchbox and a sock?
Marylou
scary mum

Re: Y7 Lost Property

Post by scary mum »

I can offer you a lunchbox (also tesco cheapie one, wonder if they were the same :D ) and a locker key. Not nearly as bad a DS1 this time 2 years ago who managed to lose his shoes, jumper, trousers, tie, shirt and socks - he came home in his PE kit and left the rest on the bus. Fortunately he had put his blaser on over his PE kit. I thought it was very starnge that we never got it back - all named etc.
scary mum
Amber

Post by Amber »

In case you wish to delude yourselves that this is a year 7 phenomenon, DD has just started a new school for sixth form. Planner disappeared after day 2, though has now reappeared. New, non-cheapie lunch bag lasted 3 days. Somehow this appears to be my fault. :shock:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

School entry pass lost by the new 6th former :D

And glasses lost by mum aged 40something :lol:
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

It's the bus pass for us. I bought him a little wallet to put it back in and then to zip into his inside blazer pocket. It's obviously quicker to shove it into your back trouser pocket, missing completely and leaving it on the floor :shock: I never knew there were so many bus terminals in my part of Kent ( manned by grumpy individuals who hand over said pass with the same expression .)

I blame DH genes..the only person I know who can lose his keys somewhere between the car and the front door.

I hope they weren't on top of your head Unscary ! you need a nice swingy chain .
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Now I've paid out £300 for some new ones they will miraculously appear in the middle of the kitchen table, I am quite sure. I wonder if a chain might be the way forward. DS2's locker key was attached to him, but he still managed to lose it.
scary mum
Zeezeemum

Post by Zeezeemum »

In the first week, year 7 DD lost Blazer, new watch, drink bottle (with school logo), earings and padlock for locker. Only the earings have been recovered and I have had to replace everything except the watch as that is what she misses the most as she had wanted it for ages and was her reward for working so hard in the 11 plus exams. Hopefully by me not buying another one, that should teach her to be more careful with her things.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

Oh, this is a competition which I can definitely win!

In Yr7 DS managed to lose 1 blazer with phone and fountain pens in pocket (eventually recovered by us on vital info from another mother - school no help at all), 1 pair rugby boots, 1 1/2 pairs trainers, 1 towel, 1 scientific calculator, umpteen socks and bits of mathematical sets.

Plus 1 pair swimming goggles, 1 pair school shoes, pencil case, clarinet :evil: and homework diary - all of which were returned to him (in some cases, many times).

I'm sure there was other stuff too, but after a while I tried to block it out to save my blood pressure.

I did make him pay for replacements to try to teach him, and touch wood, it has got quite a lot better. And, to be fair, when the only storage they have is a shared locker, it isn't really a surprise.

I too definitely blame DH who has the greatest of difficulty holding on to his belongings. Before we were married, he once managed to lose the keys to my front door while he was painting it :shock:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Marylou wrote:OK so just over two weeks since term started and so far the tally is one lunchbag (on the first day :shock: :evil: ) and one sock.

Fortunately the lunchbag was a cheapie T***o one. Sock equally low-value but I'm a bit puzzled as DS claims that someone picked it up by accident in the changing room, so presumably went home with three. :?

Any advance on a lunchbox and a sock?
That's nothing. Last year someone went off from the changing room with Miss 1880's skirt - how on earth does someone fail to notice they're wearing two skirts?? She had to come home in her games skirt and was roundly harangued by an old lady at the bus stop for its lack of length :lol: .
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

mike1880 wrote: That's nothing. Last year someone went off from the changing room with Miss 1880's skirt - how on earth does someone fail to notice they're wearing two skirts?? She had to come home in her games skirt and was roundly harangued by an old lady at the bus stop for its lack of length :lol: .
:lol:

All of our DCs have lost plenty of things at school over the years. They've usually managed to get through the first day all present and correct, though! And it does beg the question - where DO the missing (and sometimes named) items go? And why can I never find them in the mountain of other people's lost property at the end of term? :?
Marylou
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now